48 ♠ FALLING

Ford

SHE SHOULD BE CHASING DREAMS.

I know what I've just spewed about her being condemned to a sentence with Red Alert if she chooses me, but now she has, I can't just force aside all my reservations. Genevieve deserves everything that the world can offer her. She should be living life without regrets and chasing the dreams she's adored since she was young.

But she's relinquishing that.

To be with me.

When all common sense is kicked back into me, I lean down to Genevieve. Her eyes flutter shut, but I bite my lip to refrain from smirking. I don't want to kiss her yet. I want her on the edge until we can get back to the house where I intend on worshipping every inch of her body and kissing that goddamn nail-sized birthmark on the top of her thigh.

"Not yet, princess," I tease.

She snaps her eyes open, indignation clouding her features. "I swear—"

"Follow me in your car. You can stay the night at mine, right?"

Her nod is instant, and the thrill it shoots through me is indisputable.

"Good."

Before Genevieve can drive, she shoots a message to Talia asking for her to cover for her just in case, and to her mom informing her that she'll be staying the night at Talia's. When we're finally on the road, I'm frequently checking my rear-view mirror to reaffirm that Genevieve is truly behind me and this is actually fucking happening. My cock's already hard with the visions that are assaulting my mind, tormenting me, and that distraction is making driving a lot harder than it should be—no pun intended.

Back at the house, I'm somewhat startled to see everyone's cars parked up outside. While it's no concern that it'll be a full house as I can just jam the sock on the door handle again—our universal hallmark indicator that we've got a chick round—it makes me curious as to what they'll say in the morning. After last time with Jax's loose lips, I'm fully prepared to deck him this time.

She follows me through the house by my hand, even though she knows the route to my bedroom, ignoring that Clark is sat in the lounge on his laptop. He shouts a, "Hey," at me, and while I respond, Genevieve remains quiet. Other than that, the rest of the house is too eerily quiet for a Saturday night.

Upstairs, I perceive the sound of a door opening. Rolling my eyes and mentally preparing myself for a conversation I really don't want to waste time on when I can be in my room doing devilish things to Genevieve, I'm relieved when it's Harris I spot, emerging just out of his door.

Harris catches my eye, lingering in his doorway. His face is impassive until he realizes whose hand I'm holding from behind me. The second he spots Genevieve and I so intimately together, his expression hardens. Eyes narrowing, he swiftly submerges back into his room, slamming the door shut behind him as we pass his bedroom. The smugness I'm inundated with is hefty.

It feels fucking fantastic.

Safely tucked away inside my room, I let Genevieve brush past me before I step around her, plucking some random sock from my drawer and fixing it onto the door handle. Kicking the door shut behind me, I'm so fucking ready.

She barely makes it a few feet into the room before I'm reaching for her, spinning her around and pressing her flush against the door. She doesn't even gasp, but the way her lips part and her eyes become hooded, I'm not licensing my self-control to win any longer. I shed it all.

The second I collide my lips with hers, I'm completely without restraint. My body's on fire with every nerve-ending electrified. Her hands grip my shoulders as my chest pushes against hers while mine dig into her hips, keeping her as close as she can be. She shifts against my arousal, mewling against my lips before I drag kisses down her jaw to her neck. My hands glide to her ass in those shorts hidden beneath my hoodie, and I love the lack of material between us.