Cockroach

VERITY'S POV
~_______~_______~

That entire car ride was absolute shit.

I'm not even gonna lie, I expected a better apology. I would've apologized better too, but that? His little speech meant nothing to me.

I honestly wasn't listening 20% of the time. I just nodded my head and said It's okay because I didn't want him to feel hurt. I don't know why I care about his feelings. Im supposed to hate my family.

But I just can't bring myself to.

Surprisingly, ever since I got out of the hospital; there has been no questions about my... wounds. The reason I've fainted. Everybody's avoiding the hospital topic altogether because of what happened. They haven't even asked about my brothers and dad(russian), which I thought they'd be on my ass about since the Russians are their rivals.

But of course, they don't know that I know that.

Im not complaining though. Im just wary because it'll all build up to eventually everything just spilling out at once and it'll be worse than if I say pieces here and there.

I went into my bedroom and flopped on my bed, absolutely exhausted.

I felt a ringing in my pocket. I accepted the Group FaceTime call to my best friends- Derek and Miya.

"Fighting tonight at David's Ring tonight. You in?" Derek smirked.

"Is that even a question?" I laughed.

It's been a while since I fought. Derek is gonna pick me up a few blocks away from my house at 9:00 p.m. since I have to sneak out, and then we'll meet Miya there. I'll be home by around 3:00A.M., because I'm watching Derek and Miya's fights too.

I decided to get a snack. I put Derek and Miya on speakerphone as I jogged downstairs to the kitchen, listening to Miya ramble on about her new crush. I swear, she has a new one every single day.

"Miya you can't be serious, he sounds like a prick." I sighed.

"I agree with Ittie. Miya, you are a daft bimbo."Derek said.

"I thought you forgot about that nickname you piece of shit-" I grumbled into the phone. Derek calls me ittie because I'm shorter than him, even though Im not short in general. Plus the end of my name is sort of pronounced that way.

"Nah, you wish." Derek snickered.

"This is why Miya is my favorite."

"IM YOUR FAVORITE?!" Miya screeched. I winced at her voice as I opened a cupboard full of snacks.

"Hey! That's mean." Derek grumbled.

"No it's not. I'm a nice person."

Miya snorted at this and Derek started laughing loudly. I grabbed some Nerd Clusters and hot Cheetos from the cupboard.

"It's not a joke guys. I'm literally the nicest person ever! If anything, you guys are the mean ones." I whined.

Derek gasped and pretended to faint, his phone falling to the floor and the camera now pointing to his face.

"Ew what the fuck, you're so ugly-" I started but got cut off by a loud voice.

"LANGUAGE!"

What the hell? I turned around and saw the family sitting at the dining table, staring at me.

And when I say the family, I mean the whole family. As in cousins, grandma, grandpa, uncles and aunts.

Anybody getting deja vu?? Just me?

I'm not even gonna lie, I forgot practically all their names.

"OoOhh, who's voice was that love? Did you loosen up and get a boyfrie-" Derek started but got cut off by Miya, who was screaming bloody murder.

"THERE'S A COCK-"

"Who's cock?" Derek asked smugly.

"SHUT UP DEREK, NOT A FUCKING COCK, I MEAN A COCKROACH- VERITY KILL IT-"

"Miya.. she can't kill it over the phone..." Derek laughed.

"TELEPORT OR SOMETHING!!" She screeched.

"I don't have superpowers, Miya." I snickered.

"ITS CRAWLING TOWARDS ME!! HELP- AHHH ITS ON MY FOOT- GET IT OFF- AHHHH-"

I let out a small laugh and hung up the phone before Miya makes me go deaf with her ear-piercing screams.

I turned towards my family again. Many had looks of amusement or just blank faces.

"Hello. Sorry about..that." I sighed.

"It's fine dear. We came to visit because last time went.. wrong." My grandmother stated. She was talking about my whole fainting thing.

I wonder if they know about me and my father and why I was in the hospital?

"Right. Im gonna go.. change.." I muttered, looking down at my outfit. I was wearing a rather large hoodie and biker shorts.

"No need dear, we're family- there's no need to dress fancy." One of my aunts laughed.

Honestly I forgot all their names.

"Right!! Haha.. uh; since last time got cut so short.. let's restart. How about we start with introductions?" I asked innocently.

"You don't remember our names?" One of my cousins asked with a slight scowl.

"No. I do not. Frankly, I'd rather not memorize all your names in one day. There's too many of you guys." I sighed.

Lorenzo laughed at this but covered it up with a cough. Leonardo hit him upside the head. After everybody re-introduced themselves we all made conversation.

My cousins were nice. Most of them. They were annoying at times but really overall didn't say anything rude to me. We laughed and talked and I honestly was growing a bit attached to my extended family now. Nobody asked questions about the hospital, thank god.

It was nice and they left shortly afterwards. They aren't too bad.

When they left, I went back to the living room.

"Verity, we have a business meeting.. of sorts. Don't come downstairs. It'll be at 8-10 p.m."

I nodded my head stiffly. By business meeting, they probably meant mafia shit. I would protest and say I want to watch the fun, but once again.. they don't know I know.

Plus, since it'll be from 8-10, I'll be able to sneak out to the ring without anybody noticing since they'll be too engrossed in the meeting.

Perfect.
__________________________________
Word count: 973

This was a mini filler chapter. Sorry:)

Stay hydrated lovelies, eat something and go to sleep. Ily all<3333 comment and vote!!!!