10

Three nights later, Ben tried to pull Miranda into his arms, but she shrugged his hands off.

"I know, this is all my fault. You shouldn't have married me. You blame me."

"I wasn't blaming you, Benjamin," Miranda said seriously.

"You won't let me touch you at all. I know you blame me, and I do, too. It's this lifestyle. It's me... because of me, I hate myself right now." He countered.

"I don't want you to touch me because you are trying to comfort me. I don't want to be comforted. Nothing will comfort this. I will never feel okay until my baby is back home with me. "  Miranda said, now crying. "So, no, I'm not blaming you. I know this wasn't you. I don't care about what man you are and that you are a Don Ben. I knew that, and I killed for you, I married you and chose to have a baby with you. It was a risk I was willing to take. If it's your fault, then it's mine as well because we are in this together."

Ben nodded and swallowed hard before backing away. " I'm going to meet up with the guys,"

"Okay, be careful," she encouraged.

Miranda waited until Ben was gone from the house, and she quickly got dressed. She decided on light blue high wasted bell bottomed jeans, a black cami and black blazer. Pairing it with black heels and jewelry. She grabbed her purse and put her gun inside.

As soon as she opened the door, Callie was walking up the steps holding cards and food.

" Hey, Miranda, where are you going?"

"Hey, I have some things to handle,"

"Well, I'll ride with you." Callie said seriously.

"No, I have to do this alone,"

"What are you about to get into."

"I'm about to find out where my baby is, and it's dangerous, that's why I'm telling you, you can't ride,"  Miranda told her with a serious expression.

"I don't care how dangerous. You need someone to go with you." Callie returned.

"Well, if you insist, set the stuff down inside and come on." She said, walking to her car.

Miranda got inside, and she waited for Callie to buckle up before she drove.

Callie turned and looked at her confused when she pulled up to Seattle's Diamonds with blue neon lights.

"The new strip club Miranda?"

"My husband bought it. I figured we'd start here because men talk when drunk, and these strippers might know something."

Miranda reached into the glove compartment and pulled out her other gun. She loaded it quickly and handed it to Callie. "Put it in your purse or jeans."

"BAILEY,"

"Listen, I don't think you will have to use it, but we will never know."

"What about you?" She asked.

Miranda held her purse up, and she pulled her  jeans up and showed the gun holsters on her ankle.

"I'm just still in shock."

"And you probably will continue to be. I am not the woman you think I am. I have changed. Come, let's go." Miranda encouraged.

Miranda walked past the line of people and walked towards the security.

"Who are you to just skip the line?" The man barked.

"I am the woman who could have your job and life if you raise your voice at me again." Miranda answered bluntly.