Chapter 9 - Nerminous

MONIQUE DALIAH BANKS | Nique POV

"Yuh love e fuckry eno," I laugh as Jas did some weird poses while talking my picture.

"Hello mi affi post up mi creation suh mi can get more customers ma'am mi a run dung e bag," she says scrolling through the ones that were already taken.

"Look how the girl nice," she says stopping at a picture with me smiling.

"Ago post day one ya,"

"No post the next one and send mi dah one yah," I say to her trying to get the phone from her hand.

"Stop nuh girl mek mi followers dem embark upon Aunty Toya creation," hissing my teeth I walk her to her car.

Bidding our goodbyes I head back inside and towards the kitchen. Stopping at the entrance I watch as Taé munched on my snack. Sneaking up behind him I land a hot kunk in the back of his head.

"Mi offa fi buy yuh one and yuh neva want e but now ya theif out mi things," I say grabbing the bag of Doritos from him which was already.

"Taste betta when mi theif from yuh to be honest. Mch look how mi head a bleed likkle girl," he says dramatically and I roll my eyes rolling up the empty bag and throw on him but he caught it.

"Who ya talk to bout likkle girl?" I say and he mumbles something before leaving the kitchen.

Hearing my phone chime as I finally took it off DND I stare blankly at the messages from Lonzo. A incoming call came up from him and I watch it ring.

On the third ring I pick up not answering but just settling the phone on the counter as I look through the fridge.

"Neva yuh batty mi call eno b," he says and I ignore him.

"Wah ya do," he asks and I look at the phone noticing that he was in his car.

"Nyam,"

"Answer mi good Monique,"

"I'm about to start eating Lonzo," I say turning with a fake smile as he hiss his teeth.

Luckier than me

"Yah gwan till mi ring off yuh mouth eno," I side eye the device admiring the attractiveness of the big red button.

"Weh ya go?" I ask as curiosity took over.

"Mi woman yaad," he says not looking at me.

"Den gwan and come offa mi cellular device nuh sir," I hang up placing the tub of pistachio ice cream on the island and devouring it.

Hearing a car horn outside I cover the pan and head to the door. Opening it I could see the car of the person who I was ignoring who was ignoring me first.

"Well he did say he was going to see his oom-"

Hush

Closing the door I went back into kitchen stuffing the ice cream into my mouth.