003 || 𝔞𝔡𝔧𝔲𝔰𝔱𝔪𝔢𝔫𝔱

⁺˚⋆。°✩₊✩°。⋆˚⁺

"I'm spending my summertime, after time crying again."

                            ⁺˚⋆。°✩₊✩°。⋆˚⁺

I sat. Alone, on the steps of the porch playing with my hands. Distracting myself from social interaction.

To be honest I was scared of people. What they'd do. How they'd react to me being here.

I looked up and saw the girl I had seen at the gate across the street from me. She flinched slightly when she'd realised I'd noticed her before once again turning and running in the opposite direction.

Surely I didn't look that bad.

'Don't mind Enid, she's always very scared of newcomers-wouldn't even look at Carl when they met for the first time.' I turned to my left to see a boy, I'd assume a bit older than me approaching me.I think he blushed as he spoke about Enid.

'I'm Ron.' He introduced himself sending a flashy smile along with his introduction. 'You're , Maley..?

'It's Marley.' I said correcting him and smiling back.

'Eh close enough.' He shrugged before sitting down next to me looking out at the sun that was slowly sinking behind the walls.

'Everyone's been a bit on edge at the moment, a lot of newbies. I think some people are quite scared of Rick.' Ron said, I think in an attempt to make me feel less bad about scaring Enid.

'Rick saved me...I think. I mean If he hadn't found me I'd be sleeping In tree for the 2nd month in a row.'

It was a desperate attempt in trying to continue the conversation by bringing up the sad fact I practically lived in trees half the time because I was too much of a coward to face the world if I didn't have to.

Ron laughed. Well, all friendships start somewhere. If I was even able to consider a possible friendship a minute into meeting this boy.

'It's nice to have another person our age, Carl is a miracle.' It was nice, talking to someone who didn't treat me like an enemy or as a victim.

'I'm happy i'm here, I was beginning to think I wasn't going to be alive for much
longer out there.' I plastered a big smile and my face and almost chuckled to myself, when I really knew deep down i wasn't joking .

Ron nodded sending me and understanding look before patting me on the back and standing up.

'Hey so my house is 3 doors down, you wanna swing by tomorrow? I'll introduce you to the others and my Mom can give you a haircut If you want.'