chapter 7

(Y/n) pov

When I finished reading the letter my tears wouldn't stop. My mother did all she could to protect me and knew what would happen if my father died to save her.

"My mother was an amazing person she sacrifice herself to protect both of us. Even keep the notebook safe from others to get. I'm so proud to be her daughter as well." I wipe my tears away and felt Ryuk's or better my father's hand on my head.

"Your mother was an amazing person therefore I want to keep the last thing she left behind safe. You must know that I want to protect you as well from everyone. Even both Kiras knows about your existence of being unbound to the rules of death of both shinigami and human. Therefore they can't kill you but you can kill them if you want to. There are other shinigami that made contact with humans that's what has happened to me but unfortunately, they haven't suspected me of being gone no more than a few hours."

"So if this person suspects you being gone a lot."

"Then he'll try to find me and he'll see where I am and will try to get close to you and kill you."

"Alright, I'll be careful from now on. As for my death note, it's better to keep it locked away and hidden from everyone else. So a safe in the house may give away how important it is to me. So I'll put it in a fireproof waterproof safe hidden under the bed. No one would see it there at all or even think about that place." I grabbed the safe that I had kept hidden. Inside I had my birth certificate and other important documents as well as some pictures and cash and put my death note in there.

As I put everything back in place I notice the sun was going down. It was almost 6 o'clock now.

"Hey, maybe you should get going back to your human for now. Or else he'll suspect something."

"Right... try to stay safe from both Kiras (Y/n). And just between us that L guy may be able to help you out a lot more than you think." He said before stepping out and flying away. I went downstairs to the kitchen and was going to cook but the doorbell rang. I saw it was Ryuuzaki and open the door for him.

"Hey, Ryuuzaki I didn't think you would come around this time. What about everyone else."

"I gave them the night off and Watari is working tonight so came right now. Did I catch you at a bad time?"

"Ah no you just caught me about to start dinner. Umm please come in your probably cold out there." I open the door and let him in. It was strange to be alone with him now.

"Umm I'll go get us some tea can you wait in the living room for a few minutes." He nodded and sat in his position like always.

'Well so much for a nice quiet meal.'

L pov

Her home feels so lonely without anyone around. How can she feel fine with no one to help her out? I know I ordered her to move out of the Yagami home but that was to protect her from Kira. Yet there's no life here only sadness and emptiness.

I got up and saw a photo album on the shelf. Pictures of her and her mother and with the Yagami family as well. The little girl which I believe was her and I presume the boy was Light smiling as Mr. Yagami won prizes for them at a game. I had never seen her smile like that could it be that she lost her reason to smile like this? I know her mother used to work for the police with Yagami but that's all and she was killed while arresting a gang.

"Could she be looking for a sign to continue her life as well?" I thought out loud.

"You could say that. I have no reason to smile like before." She said behind me with tea and cookies. I brought the album with me and put it down.

"You look a lot like your mother you know."

"I get that a lot, most of the police investigators know me as the daughter of a hero. Seeing that she brought down many criminals and was well know to everyone who she helped. The day she died was when all Hell broke loose. That's why I'm working on becoming an investigator to honor her like the hero she is." She said with the smile she always has.

"But why? Why do such lengths to honor someone whos already dead?" I always wonder why I was given the name L for my work like my mentor once had.

"I guess it's so they won't be forgotten their heart keeps living inside others the memory of them lives on inside those they leave behind their hearts to." She said as I looked at her mother's memorial.

"I see that explains a lot." I looked at the pictures and see how they looked so happy together now I understand why she fears Light. It's because the Light she knew is not the same as before.

Light pov

"Ryuk what the heck was that about pushing me away from (Y/n)." I was a bit ticked off at Ryuk for his idiotic actions. I wanted to go talk to her now but when she was pissed off I know not to mess with her. If Ryuuzaki goes to her now they'll be alone together with no one to stop them. What am I going to do if they become an item? I can ask Misa to kill Ryuuzaki since she has the eyes but then she'll wonder why I would care.

"Tch Damn it why can't she see how I feel about her?"

Soichiro Yagami pov

I walked past Light's room and heard him saying something.

"Tch damn it why can't she see how I feel about her?" He said. I wonder who was this 'her' He was talking about. Then it hit me it was (Y/n) He was talking about. He's in love with her but I guess she's not in love with him.

'Could it be that he's always felt that way for her all this time? They've been best friends since they were kids. Plus his reaction today was of worry as well could it be that he has always loved (Y/n) since we lived together?'