Chapters 171-180

Chapter 171: Unparalleled

At the base of Flame Volcano.

Qin Lie sat underneath a spirit pattern pillar. He raised his head to stare at the demons and monsters that were squirming on top of the pillar, watching an enormous net continuously constricting, tightly restraining those strange beings.

“Celestial Sealing Demon Diagram!”

Qin Lie shouted inwardly as a wisp of his soul consciousness quietly slipped into the inside of the spirit pattern pillar, as though it was a formless ghost flame.

As though passing through a door of light, his soul consciousness stepped right into a world where spirit lines intersected, reaching the interior of the spirit pattern pillar.

It was a world that was composed of numerous spectacular spirit lines.

It was a large-scale spirit diagram.

The thick and long spirit lines criss-crossed. They were translucent and crystalline like lightning or rainbows, twisting through the vast space.

A wisp of Qin Lie’s consciousness roamed through the space and touched the spirit lines, as he felt the flow of spirit energy inside with his mind.

He held a spirit tablet of the highest quality within his palm. As he felt the Celestial Sealing Demon Diagram with his mind, he inscribed it inside the spirit tablet, wanting to imprint the Celestial Sealing Demon Diagram in it.

“Crack!”

A fine crack suddenly appeared on the surface of the spirit tablet.

The crack was minuscule at the beginning, but as Qin Lie continued to inscribe the Celestial Sealing Demon Diagram, the crack quickly expanded before spreading out with incredible speed.

“Cra-ck!”

The spirit tablet suddenly shattered, covering the floor in broken jade stones. Qin Lie could not help but halt inscribing the spirit diagram once more.

Currently, the ground around him was already completely covered with fragmented stones, shards of bones, and pieces of wood. Those were all scrapped spirit tablets.

“Qin Bing, those who had comprehended the wonders of the spirit diagram in the past were neither impatient to understand the true meaning behind it, nor in a hurry to immediately inscribe them on a spirit tablet.” Third Reverend Jiang Hao stood at the defense line outside the plaza, holding a snake-headed staff in one hand as he said warmly, “They would first commit the spirit diagram to memory and then proceed to slowly comprehend it. After a period of study and comprehension that would take multiple months, or even years of effort, only then would they slowly begin to truly understand the mysteries of the spirit diagram.”

Out of all of the people in the history of Armament Sect who had caused a reaction in the spirit pattern pillars and could see the spirit diagrams inside, none of them had been in as much of a hurry as Qin Lie was.

They had all proceeded gradually, taking it step by step, slowly exploring, and used a long time to truly understand the meaning within.

There was almost no one like Qin Lie who inscribed directly into a spirit tablet and wanted to master the spirit diagrams in a short period of time.

If Qin Lie had not caused all twelve spirit pattern pillars to shine, the sect master and the three reverends definitely would not have allowed him to inscribe the spirit diagrams directly into the spirit tablets, nor would they have allowed him to copy them to the point where he forgot to eat or rest. They would not have expected him to grasp the true wonders of the spirit diagrams in a short period of time.