Chapter 61

I woke up to the sound of a phone. I opened my eyes and looked at where the sound was coming from. I grabbed my phone and frowned when I saw an unknown number. I answered the call with a quiet voice.

"Ah Sahra. Aneel told me about your drawings and I wanted to ask you if you are able to come to the holding today?" I heard my father-in-law saying and I immediately sat up.

"Ehm.. Okay, I mean yes, yes I will. At what time? And uhm, what is the address? I mean, I've never been there a-" I started rambling nervously.

"It's okay, I will send my driver. Just message me where you are and be ready at two" he said laughing and I nodded, face-palming myself when I realized he couldn't even see it. We said our goodbyes and the door went open. I ended the call and looked at Yessin. He had a plate in his hand with a sandwich and smiled at me before sitting down next to me. He looked at my phone.

"I charged it for you last night" he said and that was when I realized that my phone was actually dead. I smiled saying 'thanks' and we started eating in silence. I was looking at him the whole time. I was busy comparing our features. We really did look alike a lot. I mean, you could tell that we are.. twins. He was so sweet, so caring even though he didn't know me. I looked around the room and made my decision. I wanted to get to know these people, no matter what.

"I want to see him" I said and he looked at me confused. When he saw my face he got it and his eyes widened.

"Really?!" he said a bit too happy and I nodded smiling. He leaned over and kissed my cheek.

"Oh and I need to go at two o'clock. Aneel's dad needs to see me" I said. My voice cracked at the end when I thought about Aneel. No, I was not going to think about him. I needed to be strong. Wow, where the hell did that come from?

"Are you guys okay?" Yessin asked quietly and I stopped eating. I mean, I lost my appetite. I looked over at him. I was not good with talking, because I had never someone to talk to. But that was going to change. I closed my eyes, but the voice didn't come. I saw that as a challenge. I am going to do this.

"Actually we were.. Its a bit complicated, but I will tell you. I mean, I really need to just talk with someone" I said. It was like I was on automatic-pilot.

"Look, you can tell me anything.." he said and I looked him in the eyes. They were easily to read and something in them told me that what he said was real.

"Aneel and I.. We were forced in this marriage. I-" I couldn't even finish. Yessin stood up.

"What?! Who the hell do they think they are?! You aren't even their child! I am going to show the-" I stood up too and grabbed his hands.

"No Yessin, you are not going to do anything. I went through a lot, okay? I got abused my whole life. I was called names. But you know what, I am not going to care about it anymore. Someone told me that the past is past and that this moment is important. Its okay, Allah had a good reason for it I am sure. But from now on, I am going to show them. I am going to take my revenge. Not with violence or words, that doesn't help. I am going to show them that I am not a pathetic worthless girl anymore. That will hurt them, trust me" I started shaking. I couldn't believe that I said all of that. Where in the Hell was that in my brain? No, I couldn't do this. I was not supposed to do this. My eyes started to tear but before a single tear could fall Yessin grabbed my chin, forcing me to look at him.

"And right now, you are not doing what you said just seconds ago. You are going to be strong. And I am here the whole time, by your side okay? I don't know who else promised you that but let you fall and why you don't trust me but.. I am here the whole time, we.. you are my sister.." he said, whispering the last sentence. When I heard that, I wrapped my arms around his neck. This was all I wanted in my life. To feel wanted, to feel family. This.. This is family..