Chapter 18

Snuggled into Heats side with your arms wrapped around his long stomach with your tail lightly flicking upward befor laying flat again you watched Heat in amazement as he continued to draw his lover Ivory from memory. “She's so pretty! Can I meet her?” You asked looking up at the sad looking man causing him to pause and look down at you with a small smile. “I don't know little one. We haven't been to Black Beach Island for a while. It's possible it's going to be one of the islands we visit soon.” Heat answered reaching into the nightstand to grab colored pencils to start coloring in her features. When your stomach rumbled, causing  Heat to turn to you before leaning forward to look out the port hole in his room. “It's about lunch time. Let's get you something to eat.” Heat said putting his art stuff on the nightstand and got up with you tucked in his arm. “I want fish! Fish is tasty.” You cherped hugging the bluettes neck as the two of you left his room. Wiggling to get out of Heats grasp as he went out on deck you giggled at the crewmen who seemed to be working and walking slower than you've normally seen. “They need magic pills.” You said taking hold of Heats hand when he set you down. Shrugging “They're all fine, they've been through worse.” Heat said crossing the deck to head to the kitchen which was missing it's cook. Frowning a bit. “Aw Thorns not here.” You mumbled as your ears dropped disappointedly. Lightly picking you up and sitting you on the counter. “It's fine, you just want fish right? I can make it.” Heat said going into the walk in freezer. Kicking your feet as you waited for Heat to return your ear flicked when you heard someone enter the room. Turning to them you grinned and waved the the crews doctor. "Hi Arvid, you feeling better?" You asked watching the fur wearing man walk over and get a cup of coffee. "Yeah I'm fine. My damn hangovers gone finally." He muttered just as Heat left the freezer with a frozen cod in hand. "So the Kittens not scared of you anymore? Surprising she came running to me bawling her eyes out about how scary you were." Arvid smirked tilting his head as Heat huffed and turned to grab a long square. "Jacob scared her from what Killer told me." Heat said turning to the stove to start grilling the fish he got for you as the ginger looked at you from over his round sunglasses and winked. Making Heat turn to him and frown deeply, looking between the two men you tilted your head as the fur wearing man shrugged and took a large swig from his cup before he took his leave ruffling your hair as he passed. Utterly confused you frowned when you heard Heat mutter "Narcissistic prick." Under his breath as he was finishing your lunch. Blink at his words "What's a narcissistic prick?" You asked making the tattooed bluette flinch. Quickly plating the fish before turning to you. "It's nothing here. Be careful little one it's hot." Heat said handing the plate over to you. Immediately more interested with the fish you grinned and happily took the plate. "Thank you big brother!" You squealed disregarding Heats warning and picked the cod up with your hands and took a large bite out of it. Blinking as he expected you to cry out in pain for either burning your hand or tongue Heat chuckled as he watched you happily devoured the fish while leaning against the counter. "It sounds like a pack of rabid dogs devouring a dead body in here. Is all that noise coming from the kid?" Kid asked walking into the kitchen and turned to the loud chewing sounds you were making. Turning to him with the half eaten fish in your mouth, you smiled around it and waved at him. "Captain, do you need something?" Heat asked pushing off the counter to meet his captain who crossed his arms. "No, I was just coming up from the metals room when I heard this carnivore right here." Kid said gesturing to you with his chin. Quickly swallowing your food. "What's the metal room?" You asked getting Kid to glance at you. "Its where I keep spare parts. Heat clean her hands before she decides to smear that grease all over the fucking ship.” Kid ordered before leaving to go to his workshop. “Bye bye Kid!” You yelled watching the scared redhead leave with a wave of his prosthetic as you continued to eat. Doing as his captain ordered Heat grabbed a washrag and went over to the sink to dampen it, before coming back to you and taking your hands to clean them off. Licking your lips in satisfaction you happily held onto Heat as he carried you out of the kitchen and onto the deck where Killer was coming down from look out duty. "Looks like you two made up." Killer said turning to the two of you with a pleased look behind his mask as the bluette nodded. Putting you down, "Only took me showing her my drawings." Heat said watching as you sprinted over to take your drawings Killer was holding. "Heat look it I drawed!" You squealed bolting back over to him with the pictures in hand. Going on your tiptoes to show the tattooed man your childish drawings you grinned as he took them from you, and patted your head. "These are very good, little one. If you keep practicing you'll be better than me." Heat said making you grin even more. "Really?! Papa! Heat said I could be as good as him! Let's draw more!" You yelled running to bounce on your toes in front of Killer as the crewmen on deck suddenly turned to the first mate at your use of "papa". Picking you up and holding you on his arm Killer nodded. "Alright, but let's get you changed first. Whatever you ate is all over you shirt I gave you." Killer said waving off the curious and surprised looks of the crew as he left to head to his cabin.

______________________________________
Its Writers Day! So either go out and Wright or enjoy your favorite authors work! And I hope everyone enjoys this chapter as my way of celebrating writers day.