𝐂 𝐇 𝐀 𝐏 𝐓 𝐄 𝐑 𝐓 𝐇 𝐈 𝐑 𝐓 𝐄 𝐄 𝐍

A/N: Crazy long chap, guys like over 6000 words lol

𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙉𝙚𝙭𝙩 𝙎𝙩𝙚𝙥

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐇𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐖𝐀𝐘𝐒 𝐈𝐍 𝐀𝐔𝐑𝐀𝐃𝐎𝐍 𝐖𝐄𝐑𝐄 empty, the only living thing walking around would be the odd janitor doing their job, cleaning up after the royals and other rich snobs who attended the school. Sighs would escape their lips as they walked around the school, brooms and maps in their hands, scrubbing away on the floor and picking up the trash left on the floors. The sun was still shining against the baby blue-coloured sky, considering that it was past five p.m. Y/N tilted her head up as she felt the warmth caress her face, like a warm blanket that you would wrap around yourself on a cold winter's night. It was weird, nonetheless. When she thought about it, everything in Auradon was strange; the environment, the food, and most of all the people.

It was weird being able to breathe in the fresh air, being able to see the sun, and, most of all, being able to relax while going for a walk, no matter the time of day. Once they removed the barrier, she'd be able to experience all of this. Being able to relax without a nagging father, go for walks whenever she wanted, and just being able to hang out with her friends without risking her life and their safety.

"I guess this is what Heaven on Earth feels like." A soft smile appeared on Y/N's face as she watched a pair of birds soar through the sky.

Jay looked over at Y/N, confused that she decided to talk after a few minutes of silence as they walked to her dorm.

A soft chuckle escaped her nose when she noticed Jay's quietness. "The feeling of the sun on your face, the fresh air. Just..." She grinned as the word came to mind. "Being free."

The thief scrunched his brows in confusion, his eyes looking her over as he watched her tilt her head up and a gentle smile on her face. He's never seen her this relaxed before. The muscle under her eye would always twitch, proving to him that she was stressed and didn't get any sleep the night before. Her jaw was always locked, almost as if she was waiting to get punched in the face by someone, but the thing that stuck out to him the most were her eyes. There was this small little twinkle in them whenever she looked up at the sky in Auradon, even when they first arrived.

She could deny it all she wanted, but each time Jay looked at her while she was gazing up at the sky, her eyes would twinkle with this strange emotion... hope, maybe. Jay didn't recognize it. Hades, he was pretty certain that he's never even heard of the word before. "Hope" didn't exist on the Isle and whenever hope you were born with was crushed as a young child when you would look over at the island across the sea, a slight orange tint to it.

He scrunched his brows in confusion before copying Y/N's actions, trying to see what the big fuss was about with this whole sun thing. He tilted his head up and closed his eyes, waiting to feel something, anything, but he didn't. There was no sense of freedom, fresh air filling his nose, blocking out any other smell or the warmth of the sun on his face; it all just felt normal.

Jay pressed his lips together, tight, before looking over at Y/N. He nodded his head slightly. "Nice. Kinda over-hyped, but cool."

Y/N looked over at him, rolling her eyes playfully. "You just don't get it yet." She chuckled as a smile appeared on her face.

...

"I still think blue looks bad on you. Red looks better, it brings out the bloodshot in your eyes." Y/N smiled as she placed a hand on the handle of her dorm's door.

Jay side-eyed her, a playful look gleaming in his eyes. "Well, you have your opinion and I have mine." He grinned. "And I think I look good in this."

Y/N laughed before pushing open the door, the smile still evident on her face as she walked through. Mal looked her up and down, questioning why she was even happy while they were in this prison. Evie paid no attention to her as she continued working on her design, a content smile on her face as she hummed a small tune, helping her concentrate even more the usual. It was a lot easier to complete projects when someone wasn't yelling at you regarding your back posture or when Chernabog and Y/N weren't having one of their screaming matches.