5

2 years passed.

Ben walked into the house and he put his bag down along with his keys. He was on call the night before and got off at 10pm tonight.

Ben heard Miranda singing in the kitchen and he smiled. "Miranda I'm home." He called out but got no response.

He walked to the kitchen and his breath hitched as he saw Miranda bent over looking under the cabinet.

The night shorts she had on were black with white hearts all over. They were ridiculously tight and even more short. The roundness and bottom of her ass hung out of them. Ben bit his lips, his pants suddenly too tight for comfort.

Miranda was still singing and moving along to the beat of the music. Ben tried but could not tear his eyes away from her body.

Miranda turned around and jumped clutching her chest. "Shit Ben you scared the hell out of me." Miranda yelled.

"Miranda it's dangerous to be home alone with head phones in like that." Ben chastised.

"With a guard at the gate Ben." Miranda pointed out seriously followed with a roll of her eyes.

Ben bit his lip. She had on a white tank top and no bra. Her nipples were hard and showed distinctively through her shirt along with the fullness and cup of her breast.

Shaking his thoughts. "Anything could happen with you being alone Miranda." Ben told her seriously.

"Well If you wouldn't stay out with- Miranda started but then thought against it.

"Well Miranda I don't want to do this either. I want to live normally and happy too." Ben said frustrated.

"I don’t even know how we got into an argument"

"Because you always bring Erica up."

"Ben honestly I was fine with your girlfriend until you both disrespected me." Miranda huffed.

"I told you I was sorry." Ben yelled.

"You were sloppy an inconsiderate. I don't want a marriage scandal in the tabloids and I for dam sure don't want you bringing another woman into our home to fuck her." Miranda yelled before running her hands through her wild curly hair that Ben has grown accustomed to. He loved it more than her tamed straight hair.

"I'm still a person and it may be no love here but legally I'm you're wife and the only thing I ever asked was not for you to get caught, embarrass me and bring her into our home. " Miranda whispered.

"It won't happen again, you won't ever see her." Ben said seriously.

"Thank you and I understand this is difficult and these last two years have been hard but just know I would never do that to you" Miranda responded.

"Are you seeing someone?" Ben questioned immediately.

"That's honestly none of your business." Miranda replied, she put the cookies back into the fridge. Suddenly she didn't want them anymore.

"You know we have the Gala tomorrow." Ben informed her and she nodded her head walking out of the kitchen.

Ben felt bad he knew that it wasn't a good idea to bring Erica here but they stayed out too long and this house was closer than hers.

He hated that he ruined her chill night, so he took the cookies back out and baked them in the oven.

Ben brought a big plate of cookies and two glasses of milk up stairs and he knocked on her bedroom door.

"Miranda I'm sorry honestly." Ben told her sincerely as he opened it up.

Miranda looked up and she wrapped her covers around her now naked frame.

"You didn't have to do that and I accept your apology." Miranda said sitting up tucking her covers tight.

The problem with Ben is that over the years she really started to like him. All the hand holds, caresses, kisses and everything else they did for the people. She really did love and it confused her heart because emotionally she began to develop feelings for him and the lines of business and love were now a blur to her.

So she hated that she was married to him and she couldn't have him because he was someone else's.

Ben tried to stay out as much as he could because Miranda was like a magnet. He was slowly wanting her and he knew it was wrong. He couldn't like her, he didn't want to like her but another part of him felt like she was his wife and that's what he was suppose to do. She was his and he should claim and treat her as such.

He needed to figure out a way to divorce her and their parents can still be safe. Erica looked through the contract constantly and nothing has stood out. He wanted Miranda to be free, soar and do what ever and date whom ever she wanted and he wanted to do the same with his life.

" What were you watching." Ben asked as he came into the room.

"Avatar." Miranda spoke.
"Hand me my night gown." Miranda asked pointing to the black silk one sitting on her chair by her vanity mirror.

Ben sat the tray down and he walked to hand her the night gown.

Miranda slid it over her head using one hand. Making sure she didn't flash Ben.

Ben got on her bed and into her covers after kicking his shoes off. Miranda reached for a cookie and bit into it moaning at the taste.

Ben snapped his eyes towards her and watched her as he slowly swallowed his throat now feeling dry.

Dam she was fine he thought and he wondered if she really knew that. Did she know that she turned heads when she walked into a room. Did she know the affect she had on him just from the little things she did.

The next morning Miranda stretched out but was stopped from the weight around her waist.

She turned to look at Ben knocked out and she smiled. "Ugh Miranda stop smiling. He is not yours." Miranda told herself.

"Oh I'm sorry Miranda." Ben said unwrapping his arms from around her waist.
"It's no big deal Benjamin and good morning." Miranda greeted him as she sat up.

Ben looked down at her breast in her silk night gown. He got caught up in staring a the perfect pair.

"Hmm what did you say?" Ben mumbled still staring.

Miranda blushed and nudged him.
"I said good morning and my God Ben you are acting like a teenage boy." Miranda mused laughing.

"I'm sorry but Miranda they are captivating." Ben said licking his lips

"Go." Miranda said laughing pointing to the door.

Miranda got dressed and she sat in her chair sliding her silver heels on.
Her hair was straighten and she had it pulled back with two pieces hanging in the front.

She smiled, she had gotten really good at doing her make up.

"You ready Miranda?”  Ben asked tapping on her door.

"Yes." She answered back as the door opened up.
"Dam." Ben mumbled looking Miranda up and down. Miranda blushed at his somewhat compliment.

She looked at Ben's suit that matched her dress. "You look handsome." She told him smiling.

"Thank you and you look absolutely stunning."

"Stop it Ben." Miranda said blushing. Ben loved for her to blush especially when he was the one that made her.

"I mean it Miranda." Ben told her earnestly.
"Okay thank you." Miranda whispered as she walked to the door holding her dress so she wouldn't trip.

Ben helped her down the stairs and out the door. He opened up the car door and helped her get in.

Ben drove to the event and he pulled up at the front where all the cameras and paparazzi.

"You ready?" Ben asked turning to her and she nodded blowing out a breath, she never got use to these big events.

Ben got out the car and he casually handed his keys to the valet and walked over to her side to open the door for her. He helped her out of the car and Miranda hung on his arm as they walked down the red carpet.

"Mr. and Mrs. Warren." A man apart of the paparazzi called out to them

Miranda and Ben stood turning to them.

"Can you tell me what has attributed to you all’s successful marriage."

"Love." Miranda and Ben started at the same time.

"You go ahead baby." Ben encouraged her.

"What contributes to our happy, healthy, strong and successful marriage is Love, friendship and communication." Miranda told him seriously.

Ben and her then continued walking stopping occasionally to pose for the cameras.

Miranda unlatched from Ben's arm and then slid her hands in his intertwining their fingers.

Miranda walked around with Ben as he mingled with different people around the room.

"Miranda it's good to see you." A woman she remembered from H &H medical corporation.

"Vivian, it's so good to see you as well." Miranda responded with a bright smile.

"So how is the married life treating you." Vivian asked with a smile. Miranda met her two years ago at the very first Gala she attended when she first married Ben. She gave her advice on marriage and the business world surrounding medicine.

"It's everything I could ever ask for." Miranda lied and Ben felt bad.

"How school going." She asked.

"School is great I have one more year of med school and then I'm off to my intern year of surgery." Miranda cheesed while beaming.

Ben smiled as well he knew that was her passion. "Yes my gorgeous wife has an even more gorgeous brain and that just does something to me." Ben commented sliding his hand over her ass making Miranda's Insides melt.

"You too are beautiful and too much...babies?" Vivian asked and Miranda's eyes widen.

She never thought about kids. She always wanted kids but how would she have them. The man she was married to was in love with someone else. So kids for her were out of the question and this made Miranda exceptionally sad. Her parents signed her up for her life to be half fulfilled.

"Well Miranda is in school now and then intern year and residency is hard as it is adding babies to it. I'm sure when she's an attending in the future we will take the time to fill our house up with babies." Ben answered.

Miranda put on a smile. "I'm sorry about that." Ben said as they walked away.

"It's fine Ben no need to apologize for stuff out of our control."

"Dance with me." Ben said.

"What no, you know I don't like being the center of attention and nobodies even dancing yet."

"So Miranda, let your hair down and have fun." Ben chuckled pulling her to the floor.

Miranda and Ben danced together. They were laughing and teasing each other. Ben loved their friendship more than anything.

Ben looked over at the men sitting at the bar. He saw the men shamelessly checking Miranda out and it annoyed him. He knew she looked good but dam did they have to openly ogled her like she wasn't dancing with her dam husband.
Ben turned Miranda with a complete spin before he dipped her. Miranda looked up into his eyes and gave him a bright smile that tugged at his heart.

He let her come back up and then looked into her eyes once again. Ben leaned down and connected his lips with Miranda's. Miranda's eyes widen before she closed her eyes and kissed him back.

Breaking apart for air. Miranda wiped the corner of her mouth and she reached out and wiped the lipstick stain off of Ben. "Were there people watching us?" Miranda asked looking around. Trying to figure out why Ben had kissed her suddenly.

Ben's eyes widen because he kissed her because he wanted to.

"Uh sorry, I just hate that all these men are staring at you." Ben said sheepishly.

"Ben no one was looking." Miranda told him glancing around the room.
"My own husband doesn't even me want me. What makes you think others." Miranda added jokingly.

Ben looked at Miranda with a bizarre look on his face.
Was she serious he thought. Ben grabbed her hand and pulled her along until they were in an empty room. He shut the door and turned to her.

" Miranda you are beautiful." Ben complimented seriously.

"I don’t know how you don't see it but men stare at you. You turn heads when you walk into the room, even women. It's impossible not to want you. If you weren't married to me you would have men lined up waiting. Just because I can't doesn't mean that there aren't others. " Ben professed.

Miranda you were young when we got married and I hate that you didn't get to fall in love, have someone propose to you and sweep you off your feet and keep you off.

I'm sorry that our parents did this to you. You don't deserve this. You deserve a real marriage and real love with someone who will make you exceptionally happy.

"How do you know you won't make me happy." Miranda asked sincerely with her big doe brown eyes staring into Ben's.

"It's not that I don't want you. It's just..." Ben's words traveled off. He didn't know what to even say.

Miranda put her head down. Here she was sad again that he was telling her that he didn't want her.

Ben reached out and put his finger under her chin to look at him. "Please don't ever say my husband doesn't want me again like that." Ben told her seriously. "Please know that if I could I would. You are absolutely gorgeous, sexy, stunning. Did I mention sexy?" Ben questioned chuckling.

"I wish there was a way out the contract. You are supposed to live your best life, not being a ball and chain to me." Ben said leaning down to her lips once more.

The moment Miranda felt his lips graze hers she threw everything out of her mind and smashed her lips against his capturing them. Her hands cupped his cheeks while Ben's held her up because her knees were going weak. She felt the slightest touch of his fingers or thumb rubbing her waist. The kiss didn't last a second instead they sunk into it.

Ben's lips became almost demanding as he moved them against hers, and Miranda kissed him back harder letting out a small moan as she felt his tongue slip out and trace her lips, almost like asking for permission. Giving it. Miranda parted her lips. All the two could think about at the moment were there lips on each other, nothing else mattered.

Ben's tongue circled hers as he pulled her closer, his arms tight around her waist crushing Miranda into his chest, her toes barely touching the ground as she stood higher to get to his mouth. Miranda's hands were now around his neck as she twirled her tongue with his. Miranda didn't care that she needed oxygen.

Ben had so many emotions flowing through him and he knew that if he didn't stop now. He would have had her up against the wall calling out his name.

Ben broke the kiss and Miranda breathed for air as she reached up and touched her lip still looking at him.

She was now very confused. Why they hell did he kiss her? All of this talking about he can't because he's taken and he wants her to be free. This only added confusion.

Ben stared back at Miranda waiting to see if she would say anything.

"Why?" Miranda questioned.

"I wanted you to know that I would kiss you when no ones around Miranda." Ben replied.

Miranda nodded her head then cleared her throat. "Don't kiss me again, if you belong to someone else. I don't need confusion in my life. My life is messy as hell as it is " Miranda pleaded.

Ben nodded his head. He knew that he shouldn’t have kissed her. He was trying to prove to her that she was wanted and honestly after kissing in the Gala room he wanted more than anything to put his lips on hers again

He came to the realization that he likes his wife.

"Oh there you are." Patricia said bursting through the door.

"Hello mother." Ben greeted turning and Miranda spoke as well.
"Hi, Ben it's time for your speech." his mother rush out

"Oh, sorry coming." Ben said as he held his hand out for Miranda to take.

She slid her hand into his and walked out with him.