CHAPTER 3

ZED

Her eyes are so wide now I'm afraid they might fall out. She is not a Harry Potter today. She is a fucking gorgeous woman I've ever laid eyes upon. Even more so than I last remember, and believe me I do remember her. My focus has been on her from the moment she entered my bar. Damn sexy. Too damn sexy. Even more than Nyssa. Oh damn! Not again. I should stop comparing them everydamntime.

I pretended not to notice her at first though. That would've been too cliché of me, now wouldn't it. She and her friend, I don't remember her name came to sit to the counter, just opposite me. Her friend greeted me warmly and then ordered her drink. Her though, seems as if she was.....fuming? I couldn't tell. Always in a bad mood, my Bella. Now where did that come from. Then she ordered tequila without even looking my way. Has she forgotten me? No shit! I push my thought aside and prepare their order. When I brought the shot to her, she didn't even look my way. Way too rude Bella. Then I got busy but I could not forget her presence. She ordered another shot and just when I set it down, she grabbed it a drank in one go. But guess what she didn't look my way. And that more than anything annoyed me.

Then Nick went to her, and they exchanged a few words and they were smiling at each other. In my head I'm just praying that Nick didn't flirt with her, because I'd fucking kill him. Then Nick came to me, gave me order pad and left without explaining to me what he and Bella talked about. But why would he, it's not like I put any label on Bella. It is none of my fucking business what she does. And that fuels my irritation. But when I turned to Bella to do whatnot, guess what I found out, she was fucking me with her damn hazel eyes. Oh dear God! Thank you for making me handsome. I thought while smirking. And that's when she gazed up to my eyes.

Sharply, after she got caught, she turned the other way. Today I smiled a damn real thing first time after a very long time of faking. Bella is interested in me, damn fucking luck. And that is when my damn mouth got the fucking mind of its own. I told Bella no more alcohol. Who the fuck am I.

And I know she is thinking the same thing when she says, "excuse you! Who the hell are you to tell me what to do?" I can tell she is mad, but why not, I could've been mad too if the roles were reversed.

But do I have enough common sense to quit? Nada!

"The bar owner! And I still remember the last time you were here. You left quite a good impression." Now why did I say that.

She is shifting uncomfortably, wow Zed you know how to leave your marks.

"You're the bar owner?" her friend asks me.

"Yep!" I reply without taking my eyes off Bella, "and a bartender." I say this low, way too low.

But just like I intended, I gain her attention. Bella looks at me then her eyes immediately flick to my lips, oh naughty Bella. She stares at my lips long enough to make me smile and that's when she snaps her eyes to mine.

"You could've said so," she says in a low tone just like I did. Spectacular.

"And miss the fun, no way," I smirk at her.

She sighs then turns away dismissing me. Not so easily sweetheart, not now when I have your full attention.

"So .....how you tending your heartbreak," Bella turns to me again scowling, "need a friendly advice?" why the hell am I asking her that.

She is about to answer but her friend beats her to it, "ooh don't worry she's over that. The guy was a piece of shit."

Bella glares at her, "Hailey stop it. He doesn't need to know anything."

"Maybe he could trash him up," her friend, Hailey offers with a grin and winks at me.

"The offer is tempting," I wink back, "but then ...."