Chapter 2

Chapter 2 : Not a dream
———–————•

I just don't seem to understand what is this? I know I fell asleep at the magic border... does that mean...

[Oh, I must be dreaming..]
I thought, thinking about sleeping more.

[Like hell I am.]

"Doc, it seems he hit his head as well."
The red loudspeaker pointed at me again.

[I will hit yours if you keep pointing at me.]

—————
[I must have died and my .. Let's call it soul, with leftover mana had transferred into a body that was not occupied.]
I looked at my current state, this body felt heavier compared to how small it looked like.

[I've read a similar situation in science book that was hidden in forbidden section. So that may be the reason to why I am calm.]

As I was lost in thoughts I felt a light touch on my shoulder.

[?]

"Oh, my apologies, I didn't mean to startle you, does it hurt anywhere?"

[? ..]
[Startle me? This much startled me? Come to think of it.. I couldn't sense someone approaching either.]
I looked at the male wearing white robe with a blank expression.

"?"
His smile grew stiff as I keep on staring.

[Must have imagined it.]
I shook it all off with a soft sigh.

"No."
A simple answer could be heard yet the eyes of others looked at me weirdly.

"W-well can you remember what happened?"

".."
My memory may be hazy, but I do remember the sudden monster attack, yet, there was silence, since I don't know what happened to this poor body.

"It's okay, don't worry, but what about your name? Maybe your family name?"
He smiled again, the fake smile of awkwardness.

"Throb."
My chest felt like it's suffocating, when he mentions 'family' I felt like throwing up.
I lowered my head since it started to feel dizzy.

[I wonder how did they react when they got the news of my death? Were they confused? Happy? Sad? Did they even felt some sort of emotion?]

"Then what about your age?"
He pulled me out of my thoughts. My eyes grew tired.

[This is all too bothersome.]

"Mhm."
The doctor said as he brushed his messy hair, out of his face. With the sunlight shining at him, he sure looked like he just came out of painting, but where did the cuteness go? There's only handsomeness left.

"There seem to be nothing wrong with his body, but he seem to have memory loss due to a traumatic shock."
He looked at the red fur while he reached his hand and patted my head.

"..!"
I opened my eyes wider, the rough yet warm and gentle hand that stroked my hair made me feel weird, all ticklish and bubbly actually. My body responded with slightly flustered cheeks and ears.

"Huh?! So he doesn't remember anything? Not even that I saved him???"
The red hair full of energy looked at the doctor with his big cherry eyes which seemed desperate.

"I'm afraid not, young master."
The doctor said, pulling his hand from my head and putting it on his chest while lowering his head.

"Hey! Do you really not remember???"
He hurriedly turned to me who was still in a daze.

"..."
"Remember what..?"
I lifted my head, turning it to him.

[Maybe he knows what happened to this body.]

"I saved you! You could have died if I wasn't there!"

"?"
I opened my eyes a little wider, preventing them to close, waiting for him to continue.

"As I was passing by the forest I saw you fall into a lake there! I pulled you out, do you really not remember? It was super cold that night!"

".."
[Lake? This poor body was so unfortunate. Drowning to its end, how cruel of fate, for this young child.]

".. sigh."
The red fur sighed so hard that it probably could be heard in the next room.

"Can't be helped."
[?]

He reached his hand in front of me and with his thin and long fingers flicked my forehead.

"Flick."

"!"
My body flinched on its own and burred itself into pillows.

The people in the room stiffened.

With my marshmallow like arms I reached the stinging place on my forehead, feeling my eyes getting wetter.

"..?"
I looked up at the culprit, who was surprisingly looking dead serious, leaning his face closer.

"Do you remember now?"

"......"
"......"
The room has gone silent.