Chapter 7

Chapter 7 - The pain of remembering (1)
_____________

" Oh, Theo.. just where have you been?" The duke asked after a moment of embracing. His hands held my shoulders firmly as he looked straight at me, his blue eyes piercing into mine.

"I-if I may, Duke Trumane.." The soldier spoke in slight hesitation, which was not surprising, it's not every day you would see the war hero right before you.

The duke looked at the soldier, the knight regretted opening his mouth. Duke let go of my shoulders, making me relieved in some way.

" We found a young master in the forest, he almost drowned in the lake." The soldier's voice came out serious but he was nervous, doubting himself as he got a stern gaze from the duke, as if he was analyzing every said word, every small movement the soldier made, every breath he took. Just like a hawk watching its prey.

" A lake in the forest?" He looked at me with a more concerned expression.

I silently watched his blue eyes.

[Why aren't they cold? Why are they not glaring.. why are they looking like that..]

He once again placed his hands on my shoulders.

" Theo.. tell me, tell me, what happened." He leaned closer and gently shook my shoulders. As if comforting me. His expression felt gentler than a second ago when he was facing the soldier.

" Young master seems to have memory loss due to the trauma he had experienced."
The doctor came from somewhere behind the soldier, his voice serious, no hint of nervousness at all, he was truly being professional.

" Oh, Theo.." The duke exhaled as he took me in his embrace once more. I couldn't even react to how conflicted I was.

Every time he held me in his embrace I couldn't help but feel a mix of discomfort and relief. Just what's wrong with those naive muscle memories. The rightful owner of this body must have lost it.