Better Then Perfect

It was yet another beautiful day in the streets of New York City. The sun was shinning, the birds were chirping and it seemed that a lot of people were in a good mood. On this day, there was a teenager who was on his skateboard as he was ridding down the sidewalk as he was in a little bit of a hurry. He was skating rather quickly until he reached what appeared to be a park. The teenager got off of his skateboard and pulled out his phone. "She said this was the place.", The teenager said as he held his skateboard in his left hand and texted on his right hand saying that he was here. He found a nearby park bench and took a seat as he kept checking for a reply. Seconds turned into minutes and still no reply. The teenager was beginning to question if he was in the right place at all when suddenly, he felt his phone vibrate. He looked at his phone and saw that his contact had replied saying to stay still. "Stay still? What the heck is that suppose to-", The teenager said right when he felt something land on his head. He looked up and saw a teenage girl who also looked to be 17 place her arms on his head. "I was wondering where you might show up.", The girl said as the boy chuckled a bit. "For a second, i thought i was in the wrong place there", The boy said as he and the girl wrapped there arms around each other as they hugged one another. "I just had to see you before we open our collage admission letters", the girl said as the two split up there hug. "And i just had to see you before we open our collage admission letters", The boy said as he pulled out a letter he had in his back pocket. "You ready for this?", The girl said with visible fear in her voice as she pulled out a letter from her purse. "Teagan, whatever happens", The boy said as he placed his right hand on Teagan's shoulder. "No matter how many miles apart we are from each other, i know we will always find a way to be together. If our parents couldn't do it, what makes you think distance can?" "I suppose you're right Wyatt", Teagan said as Wyatt's words calmed her down a little. "Whatever happens, we can get through it together!" Teagan and Wyatt then began to open there letters at roughly the same time. They pulled out the piece of paper that would guarantee if they would be spending the next four years together in person or not. Wyatt and Teagan were both so, so nervous in reading there letters that a very tiny amount of sweat was visible on there foreheads and they hadn't broken a sweat today. Wyatt read his letter out loud first with clear panic in his voice. "Dear Mr Marson. Thank you for applying to Boulder University, we hope this letter finds you well, blah, blah blah, but we reg-", Wyatt then froze at the last word he read. Regret. "No, no, no! It can't say regret!!", Wyatt said in his head as he started to panic like he never panicked before. This wasn't your essay due today panic but instead, the feeling of failure. He wasn't good enough. He and Teagan were going to be miles away from each other. He knew he could handle it but he didn't want to come to terms with it. Meanwhile, as Teagan was reading her letter, a huge smile appeared on her face. "I did it." "I GOT IN!!", Teagan shouted as within a millisecond, she proceeded to hug Wyatt with the tightest hug she had ever gave and the tightest hug Wyatt was ever in. "Room...getting...darker....", Wyatt said just as Teagan released and caught him right when he was about to fall off the bench. "Sorry. I-just-can't-believe-i-got-in-to-the-collage-of-our-dreams!!", Teagan exclaimed and said over and over again. "Now i must ask, what does you're say", Teagan said as Wyatt showed his letter with misery on his face. "It says regret", Wyatt said as Teagan then began to read the letter. "I didn't get in", Wyatt said with sadness in his voice. "What are you talking about?", Teagan said in an exited voice as she proceeded to show Wyatt the letter and hugged him at the same time. Wyatt then proceeded to read the letter over again and his eyes widened. "We regret to inform you that your application to NYU was delayed but after seeing it again, you are accepted into Boulder!", Wyatt said with the most exited voice he had in him. "WERE GOING TO Colorado!!", Wyatt exclaimed as he and Teagan pulled in for a hug and after looking into each other's eyes, proceeded to kiss without holding back. It was another happy moment for the two of them. They couldn't wait to spend time with each other across the country in just a few short months. "And i thought i got rejected", Wyatt thought to himself. "Could only be me."

Meanwhile . . . 

In a room located in the applications part of Boulder University, mutable people were looking over applications for this year's seniors. One of these applications was Wyatt Marson's application. A man who looked to be around 40ish was looking over his application with not much interest. He thought that his collage essay on differences and rivalry and what not was way too typical and just not what Boulder was looking for. He was about to place his folder in the rejected bin when he got a message saying that his break was now. He got up from his seat and without looking, put his folder in the accepted bin by accident. Once he got back, he didn't bother to check and summitted his file as a rejected but ended up with a accepted letter instead. The accepted letter was then send over to the Marson's address a few days later, not knowing what this would cause later down the line.