chapter five: failure

... What?

What do you mean, "donuts"?

HEY WAIT- STOP LEAVING ME CLUELESS!-

Yeah, right. It went so wrong.

You were right.

Firstly, You, Uzi, N, and Thad got attacked by this eldritch centipede that turned out to be the disassembly drone Uzi murdered, J. Or was it even J? You didn't even know anymore. Then, you and Uzi witnessed the eldritch monster murder Uzi's dad right in front of her eyes, soon to be revealed as a hologram, which made Uzi fall out of trust with the disassembly drones entirely. You on the other hand stayed with N. You felt so bad for him, especially after Uzi rejected his help to cry and hug her real father. Well, it's more like N took you with him. He didn't want to feel alone.

"N!! PUT ME DOWN!!!" Y/N yelled and squirmed, it seemed like they still hated high places. N was holding Y/N in his arms, which was not as lovely as the first time. He slightly sobbed as he flew back to the base. He was flying pretty slow, but that didn't mean that Y/N wouldn't be screaming mentally as of course, they have a phobia of heights. N was flying too fast and all Y/N could do was hold onto him while trying to convince him to slow down and to fly lower. He just couldn't process what just happened, he felt betrayed. He just met Uzi, but he felt so close to her. Uzi was the friend who would care for him like an actual teammate would. Though he had Y/N, Uzi was just more special or was she? Y/N on the other hand, despite being also his friend, is not as close, yet. 

"Sorry... we're almost there so, hang on tight." You two weren't even close to the base. What's even more ironic is that you both just got out of the worker drone's nest (technically). Y/N clung onto him tightly almost like Y/N was afraid of falling, but honestly, who wouldn't be frightened of being almost 20 feet up in the air? They felt a lot of emotions while they were being carried in the cold air: nervousness, fear, overwhelm, and embarrassment but they couldn't even focus on their own emotions, Y/N would also think about him, N.

Y/N's POV

I honestly feel pity for him. I could hear him holding back his sobs, he must've been so heartbroken after all that. I'm going to assume that he thinks that he lost a friend. Poor N. I wanted to make sure that he was doing alright at least.

"N?"

"...Yes?"

"Are you doing okay? You know that I can hear you sobbing silently right?"

I purposely called him out because I wanted to let him know that he could cry all he wanted. But, he just stayed silent... why are you ignoring me N? I just want to help you out. Please let me help you. I don't want you to feel alone. Why won't you let me assist you, N?

Back to 2nd/3rd POV

You and N were finally back at the base with N curled up inside the base and you stayed outside the ship to walk off your thoughts. V clicked her tongue at N as he was curled up while he faced the wall like the drone he was, she obviously annoyed over whatever he was doing. He looked like an idiot in her eyes, like always anyway.

"I hate your personality normally, but, this is somehow worse." She rolls her eyes before continuing her words,

"But this is somehow worse, what am I being punished for?" Her arms were on her hips while she spoke as if N was listening to her somehow ramble, though again, N was completely ignoring everyone. The aura he gave was gloomy, it took her a minute to read the room before she shrugged it off and turned to another direction where she would pout. She's pretty pissed over her leg being chained up. She planned on escaping these chains sooner or later.

While all that happened, you stayed outside. You were in the same situation as N was, though you walked around to clear up your mind off everything. Well, it didn't exactly help but this is something you'd normally do. Your hands were placed on your head as you couldn't walk them off this time. The scene just replayed in your mind the more you walked in circles. It was so horrifying even if it was all fake it just felt so real.

You gave up on walking and decided to lay on the cold snow. You sighed to yourself, you just hoped this wouldn't happen again. Surely it won't happen again, right? The more you use your brain power, your eyes start to become heavy. You overthought so hard that you blacked out.

...

..

Loading past files...

Memory file [Snow angel] loading, please wait...

This file seems to be incomplete, would you still want to open this memory?

Auto acceptance confirmed.

Data loaded successfully!

Giggles could be heard from your dorm room as you and your best friend planned to sneak out of the base, they weren't afraid of some murder drone. Nothing bad could happen to them if they won't get caught of course!

"Y/N! Y/N! Let's sneak outside and make snow angels! I heard that humans used to do that on Earth when it snowed!"

"Don't you think that's too dangerous? We could quite literally get decapitated outside! What if we-"

"BOOOOOO! You're so lame! Shut up about that non-sense and let's go!-"

..

...

"You know, this is nice. I love making snow angels!!"

"That sounds like something you would say."

"..Yeah because I just did, dork."

They lay on the snow, the both made pretty deep snow angels. I think they had too much fun while making those. Your friend smiled at you while you were completely exhausted but kept a grin on your face. You loved seeing your best friend so happy, if this made them happy then you were happy.

Wait.

This never happened..

They were already dead...

Who?

ERROR!

..

"Y/N?"

"Y/N, Can you hear me? Wake up!"

You gasped, It was just N. He was worried for you because you haven't been inside the base and he thought you were dead! I didn't want to lose you too. That's why he wanted to check up on you, he's glad that his thoughts were wrong.

"Did you move while sleeping? I think you made a snow angel while you slept."

N chuckled softly at you. You sat up to check if N was telling the truth, there was a snow angel marked on the snow. That's strange, you never move while sleeping.

"Look, let's just go back inside. Come on."

He gestured his hand to you to assist you while you stood up. You take his hand in yours as he pulls you up and leads you back to the base. You were still curious, what was that dream?

Was it really real?

End of Chapter 5.

HELLOOOOOO im back with a new chapter!! im so happy to be able to write my book again!

did you miss me?

you know, i almost forgot about this book until one day i got a notification and went, "oh wait i have a book to finish." SO HERE I AMMM!!

I hope you'll wait for chapter 6 !!

until next time! :3