Chapter 3

The One Where He Doesn't Have Insurance

Angie's POV

I turned the lights on to my apartment.

"Do you know how fucking stupid you are? You could have gotten us arrested! You could have gotten yourself killed!" I said.

I continued. "Do you know how fucking stupid that would be? I barely just met you! You're here on a prestigious scholarship! I can see it now! "Gang of misfits gets prodigy killed!" How could you-"

"That's enough, Angelica." Said Hercules.

He only called me Angelica when something was serious, so I shut up.

Eliza pulled up a chair for Alex to sit in, and he plopped down, half- awake.

Eliza's POV

"Okay Alex, I'm going to need you to stay awake here." He groaned. "What do you know about medical stuff?" Said Lafayette.

"I'm pre-med, asshole. And if he has a concussion and he goes to sleep he can go into a fucking coma, so shut up." He stared at me, shocked.

"Sorry, I'm a tad stressed at the moment."

John walked outside angrily. "Ugh, someone get him." said Alex grumpily, and Peggy walked out.

"Okay Alex, how many fingers am I holding up?" I said. "I'm fine. And two." He tried to stand up.

"Oh hell no. Sit your ass down." He raised his hands to surrender.

As I was putting rubbing alcohol on his face, he winced, but tried to hide it. "I know, I know." He held his wrist and tried to hide it. "Give me your hand."

"No. I'm fine." "Give it to me." He did, and I almost gasped.

His knuckles were bleeding, his wrist was bent almost backwards, and it was blue and swollen. John walked back in and muttered "Oh my god."

"A-Alex we need to go to the hospital, that's broken." "What? No I'm f-"

"JUST GO TO THE HOSPITAL!" Screamed John, and he grabbed his keys and since he was the only one with a car, we had to cram inside.

Hamilton's POV

"Hey, you should see the other guy." I joked to the doctor, and he just shook his head.

"I did. And he's probably now sitting in his bed injury free." Said Angelica, and the doctor laughed. I was sober by now.

"Well, we didn't really need to x-rays to determine this, but it's broken." Said the doctor. And I sighed.

"You're getting a cast put on tomorrow, so you need to stay overnight."

"How much does that cost?" "Well depending on your insurance..." "I don't have any..." I said sheepishly while the rest of the group looked at me pitifully. "What?!" I shouted, a bit irritable.

"Well... Around $2,500." What? That's stupid! "How much would it cost if you just kinda... Let it be and pretend I didn't break it?" I said.

"Alex!" The girls scolded me. "What?"

"Sir, I can't let you do that." "Well... Can I just leave?" "Well...Yes but-" I stood up and fell, but John caught me.

I looked into his eyes. "You're staying, Alexander." Damnit. "We can have two people stay." said the doctor awkwardly.

"No, they need to go to their classes." I interrupted her. "I think your boyfriend should stay." She said innocently, and Eliza smirked at me.

John helped me back onto the chair thing. "He... He's not my boyfriend..."

"Sure... Well we'll get you admitted."

John's POV

"Fall hazard? Really?" Said Alex, looking at his hospital bracelet. He was so cute, and he didn't even know it.

I know I only met him today, but it feels like I've known him for awhile. Me and Angelica were staying with him, despite his protests.

"John?" Oh god, he saw me staring at him. "S-sorry..." Angie was off in a search for coffee. "Hey... I'm sorry dude." I said, sitting next to him on his bed.

"What? Why?" "I feel like it was kinda my fault..." I said, sadly.

"What? No! Did you get in a fight with me?" "No...But-" "Then it's not your fault!" He said, then chuckled. It was quiet.

"H-Hey John?" He said, and I looked into his eyes. He leaned in and kissed me, and then I heard a scream.