Chapter Six

~ Alex's Point of View ~

" So you still scared about skipping class and ruining your perfect life, " Christian grins, a crooked grin, lacing my fingers with his as he leads me to the football field behind the school.
" Not anymore, " I reply. He leads me to the bleachers and I follow him under the bleachers as we sit on the soft green grass.
" I'm glad you trust me, " he smiles. A bright happy smile not a crooked grin like before.

~ Christian's Point of View ~

Alex smiled a bright smile bigger than before and grabbed my hand. " I am too. "
" You have a nice smile, " I say.
" So about your friends, you were going to tell me about them before the bell, " she said like she was trying to change the subject. I guess she doesn't feel the same way about her smile.
" So as I was saying before we were so rudely interrupted, I had a pretty big group of friends it was a big school and the city it was in was full of people. So my friends were a bunch of alternative people and we would always hangout under the bleachers like the two of us are right now except at our old school and we usually talked about whatever was on our minds, " I told her.
" So were all of your friends male or did you have some female friends too? " she asks.
" Mostly male but we had some girls, " I replied.
" So were you guys a gang or something?" She asked sarcastically.
" Oh yeah, we went around the city vandalizing stuff. That's how I became so good at drawing, I did a ton of graffiti, " I laughed.
" You're such a bad boy, what will everyone gonna think when they know I ditched class to hangout with a gang member, " she laughs.
We spent the rest of the day talking under the bleachers until we heard the bell ring for our lunch period. I walked into the school with my arm around Alex. Upon reaching the cafeteria we met up with Alex's friends.
" Alexandra, where have you been! " Mac scolds crossing her arms.
" Nowhere, " Alex replied looking down.
" Were you with him? " asked Mac obviously upset.
" Maybe, " Alex answered looking up at me. I look down at her and lock eyes with her.
      " I can't believe you would ditch classes like that. When you didn't show up first period I spent the rest of the day thinking you were dead! " Mac scolded.
       " So what I just skipped a few classes I didn't rob a bank, " Alex said. I could tell she was getting annoyed.
      " Fine then skip class to hangout with this guy and watch as your life circles the drain, " Mac snaps.
     " It's just a few classes. I'm not going to ditch every day you know that. I also don't think that my life will be ruined just by skipping a few classes. You're acting like it's the end of the world, " Alex snaps back, despite how angry she sounded she looked pretty sad.
      " Alex, " I say.
     " You stay out of this! You're the one who caused this mess in the first place! " Mac exclaimed.
     " Don't talk to Christian like that. He's a person not a filthy street rat, " Alex snaps grabbing my arm rushing to my defense.
     " Stop lying to yourself, Alex! You're lying to yourself, your friends, and everyone you know just to impress a boy who doesn't like you, he never has and he never will. You always wonder why boys don't like you it's because you are so desperate and you want to make something out of nothing. Nobody will ever like you! " Mac barks.
      Tears filled Alex's eyes, she tried blinking them back but the tears kept coming, streaming down her cheeks. I felt this strong sense of anger ignite in me. I want to comfort her and rip Mac's face off at the same time. I pull her close but she pushes me away. " I'm sorry, I just can't, " she says running out of the school.
        " I'll deal with you later, " I sneer and I begin to follow Alex.
       I find Alex sitting under the bleachers with her knees pulled up to her face.
     " Go away, " she sobs looking up at me.
      " Aww, Alex, " I say getting on one knee holding her face in my hands. She  won't meet my eyes.
" look at me, " I say. She looks into my eyes and I felt the need to comfort her. I pull her close and wrap my arms around her. She buries her face in my chest and sobs. " Don't cry. You're okay, " I say rubbing her back.
      " Then why do I feel so bad, " she sobs.
       " Everyone feels that way when someone you care about hurts you, " I say.
      " I feel like a sobbing mess, " she says.
     " You're not a sobbing mess, you're perfect, " why did I have to say that.
     " You really mean that? " she asks looking up at me.
      " Yeah, I do, " I feel a smile creep up on my lips.
      " Why are you smiling like that? " she asks. I bite my lip while debating whether or not I should tell her. " Stop looking at me like that and biting your lip, " she giggles.
        I caught her off guard when I kissed her. My hands moved down her back and rest on her waist. She hasn't pushed me away yet so I think that's a good sign. She kissed me back, putting her hands on my shoulders. It lasted about ten seconds but it felt like ten years. I decided to pull away hoping she'd tell me if she enjoyed it or not.
        " Did you just? Did I? What? " her facial expression told me that I really caught her by surprise.
        " Yeah, " I reply, unable to stop smiling. " Did you...you know like it? "
        A huge smile crept up onto her face. " Yeah. "
       " I did too, " I said. I looked down realizing that my hands were still on Alex's waist. I take my hands off of her waist but she grabs them and puts them back on her waist. " So...you wanna...kiss again? "
       " Yeah, " she smiles as I pull her close and kiss her.
      She pulls away and giggles.
     " What? " I ask still unable to stop smiling.
      " So does this mean you like me? " she asks.
     " Yeah," I reply. " So do you like me? " I ask poking her belly making her giggle. She has a really cute laugh.
      " Yeah, " she smiles, that large pretty smile that I love.
      " So you wanna be my..."
      " Yes! " she exclaims cutting me off.    " You're so adorable, " I say poking her nose making her giggle.