Chapter Ten

~ Shiloh's Point of View ~
(Thought you'd never see that one coming did ya? 😏)

I was hanging out with Alex today and I was about to leave when I remembered to get my jacket.
" Oh, Shiloh you forgot your jacket, " Alex says handing me my jacket.
" Thanks, I almost forgot it, " I say.
" No problem, " she says. I give her a big hug before leaving.
When I get home I notice a vibration coming from my pocket. I pull out my phone. I see that I got a text but I didn't know why Christian texted me saying " Hey, baby. You alone?" 
      It took me a few seconds before I realized that I had Alex's jacket and I was reading Alex's texts. I knew I shouldn't but the temptation was too great so I caved and continued reading.
      I also read Alex's conversation with Mac to confirm my theory that Alex and Christian are dating. I realize that I had my phone in the pocket of my jeans. I take it out and forward the texts to myself then delete them from Alex's phone.
      On Monday, I return Alex's phone to her and showed my friends Haley and Astrid the texts. " Okay you guys, there must be a reason they haven't told anyone, " Haley says.
     " They must be keeping it a secret since they haven't told us, " said Astrid.
      " You may be right. Just in case, let's not show anyone, " I suggested.
      " Yeah, it's only fair to them, " Astrid says.
        " I can't believe Christian chose Alex of all people she's like a four out of ten. He should've chosen me, even though I would've turned him down I'm still better than Alex, " Haley says.
       " That's rude, " Astrid and I say at the same time.

           ~ Alex's Point of View ~

         So that weekend Shiloh, Astrid, Haley, and I stay at Mac's house.
         " Hey guys, I brought some stuff from my dad's dentist office. You inject the stuff and it makes you numb, " she says.
         " Cool, " Mac says sarcastically.
         Later, Shiloh falls asleep and Astrid tells us about what happened when Shiloh found my phone. So Mac and I decide to get revenge by injecting the stuff that Shiloh brought into her calf making it go numb then Mac gave her a stick and poke tattoo. What she put on her calf wasn't the most pleasant thing to put on her but it wasn't permanent.
         Shortly afterwards I get a Skype call from Christian. " Hey beautiful, " he said smiling brightly.
        " Hello, to you too, " I giggle.
       " You at Mac's again? " he asks.
       " Yeah, but everyone's asleep, " I answered.
        " Oh yeah. So if I were there we would be alone together, " he says with a crooked grin.
        " Well we kind of are alone, "  I say.
       " Yeah but at the same time we're not. I just miss you so much," he says smiling.
        " But I was just with you earlier today, " I say.
        " I know but I just seeing your beautiful face. You have no idea what I want to do to you, " he smiles.
      " Aw, Christian, I love you, " I say. Wow I really said it. 
      " I never thought you'd say it, " his eyes wide with surprise. " What sucks is that I can't be there hold tightly and say it back. "
       Out of nowhere I let out this big yawn. " You tired? " he asks.
        " A little, " I reply.
        " Well then I'll let you get your beauty sleep, " he chuckles.
         " Yep, every girl needs her beauty sleep, " I say laughing quietly.
         " Okay then, so I guess I'll see you on Monday. Love you," he says.
         " Love you too, " I say ending the call and falling asleep with my phone in my hand.