Chapter 16

Rose's POV

"Well... I was wondering if you wanted to be my secret girlfriend." Ashton asked me.

Secret girlfriend. I froze. I wanted this but I didn't. Why now?

"Ashton... I don't know. I could get expelled." I said trying to reason and I bit my lip.

"I know... But I just need you." He said looking into my eyes. I looked back into his.

I needed him too.

"Let's just wait, okay? Right now I'm just stressed and I can't handle this. Don't label me as your girlfriend. I want to be treated like your girlfriend though..." I said slowly looking into his eyes, choosing my words carefully.

"I understand, Rose, and I would be fired. But I want to be with you so badly." He begged.

"I just can't. Okay? I have to go now because my class-" I was soon cut off.

"Shh," he put his finger up against my lips, "you said you can't... But do you want to?"

I looked down at the floor, feeling his eyes on me as he waited for my answer.

"Yes I want to," I looked into his eyes, "but I can't. Not now, okay?" I said and sighed.

"Yes ok I understand. I guess you better get to class." He said, I could hear the pain in his voice. I nodded silently and left, why did I just let the person I love go? I'm such a idiot. I walked out of the gym and went in the gym hallway, sitting on the floor and silently cried. This was so confusing. And it's only my second day.

****

Ashton's POV

She said no of course. I understood that she could get expelled but I knew she felt the same way I did. Also I let her just walk away. This girl is making me crazy.

I went down and sat at my desk looking straight ahead. God dammit. Then I heard footsteps in the gym. No one has gym first hour... Who's in the gym?

I went out of my office to see no one. I heard something in the gym hallway and furrowed my eyebrows. What? Then I went into the hall to see, Rose, crying on the floor against the wall.

"Rose..?" I asked quietly as I walked over to her.

She looked at me then looked away as she tried to fix her makeup and not look like a mess. But I thought she looked beautiful even with messed up makeup, just when she's sad I hate seeing a angel sad. Then I sat next to her and wrapped my arm around her to comfort her.

"What's wrong?" I asked soothingly as I rubbed her shoulder.

"I'm just so stressed and I love you, Ashton. I love you. But I can't because it hurts me." She cried more and then I noticed she didn't have her jacket on. I looked at her arms. Self-harm... I can't believe it.

Wait she loved me?

"You love me?" I asked looking at her.

"Yes of course I do." She said silently and sniffled slightly.

"I love you too." I said looking straight into her eyes. Our eyes stayed locked and then she looked away. Silence. Only silence now and her quiet sniffling.

But then I took her arm carefully and made it so I could see her scars.

"Why?" I asked trying not to put the pain in my voice. She was shaking.

"Why what?" She said softly and looked at her arm but I saw more tears run down her cheek.

"Why are there scars on your beautiful arm?" I said still looking down at her arm. Then I started to tear up. No be tough Ash. Do not cry.

Silence.

"Because I don't feel important." She said shrugging and she started to cry again.

"You are important. Stop self-harm. No one wants to see you hurt." I said making her look into my eyes.

She shrugged and nodded.

"I love you Rose Tyler." I whispered in her ear and leaned back on the wall.

These last two days have been eventful.

-----

A/N

Edited but not edited hahah. Was this a fast update? If so tell me in the comments :) also what did you like about this chapter? AND the star feels lonely so press it and it gives out cupcakes now!

I stuffed my face in food today.

Okay bye!