EL| 10,000 hours - 01

"And the truth is, no one will ever love you more than you will love yourself

"And the truth is, no one will ever love you more than you will love yourself. Except maybe your mom... you came out of her."
~unknown.

Keeva looked to her son, his face focused down on the plate full of lasagna with loaded cheese, sided with fried wings, corn on the cob and cheesy garlic bread. Her eyes held slight distaste from him not answering the question she had just presented him with a few moments earlier but she just decided to let it go like she had been doing for the past three years. She just simply slid a large cup of pink lemonade stacked with ice to him and walked back to the kitchen. Since Syrah's death, their bond felt tainted and then when Kaivar and Rosè broke up, it was worse. Now, they could hold full conversations until one of the two came up— then it was silence.

"Kai, I love you." Keeva said, holding onto the sink as she stared into her backyard. "But if you can't learn to address your problems then you'll never truly get over them."

Kai groaned, looking up to the ceiling. "Ma, I told you I'm good. What else do you want from me? I'm grown as hell, you think I wanna sit around and just discuss my exes, Syrah, or just anything else?" He asked, squinting at the back of her head.

Keeva turned around and looked at him sternly, shaking her head. "Okay."

Kai had nothing else to say so he continued looking back down to his plate, eating his favorite meal. His mother was right about addressing his feelings but Kaivar didn't even know how he felt for real; he just felt broken. Rosè was a part of him and even after the crazy shit, he still felt love for her. It was different with her even though he had known her for a shorter amount of time; Royale had nothing on the way that Rosè made him feel even after years.

After everything, Kai found himself in a black hole— closed off from anything social. For that, Stephon and him fell out. Kai wanted nothing to do with Royale because all attraction was officially gone.

"What's up, son?" Kai heard from behind as the door opened and closed.

He looked back and saw Rando, his father, and sent him a nod as a greeting.

"Nigga, what I tell you about just walking up in my shit?" Keeva snapped, glaring at her children's father. "Now if Rick was here, he–"

"Wouldn't do shit." Rando said, cutting her off. "And I know you cooking so that's what I'm here for."

Keeva rolled her eyes before gesturing to the stove. Rando walked into the dining room and sat across from Kai with a small grin. "Why you looking like that?" Kai asked, furrowing his eyebrows into a deeper serious look.