Chapter 7

It seemed that we had spent almost a hour in the wood. We had missed 5th period which we found out we both had study hall, luckily. We only had 5 minutes before we had to go to different classes.

I gave him one last kiss before I left to my locker to get my books. I asked him if he wanted to hang out after school, but he had a job after school. So we agreed to wait till tomorrow. The rest of the day I was floating on clouds. Mason was in most of my afternoon classes and kept giving me weird looks. I ignored them.

It was until our last period that was with Luka, Kyle, and Thomas that we got the bad news. We had to leave school early because their was a rogue attack close by.

****

The rogues has been eliminated. There had only been 2 rouges. Rouges were by pack law to be killed on sight because of future possible danger. Only with the permission of the alpha, me/Kyle, were they allowed to take the rouge for certain things like interrogation. The thing was that at first they only fought back to escape. The last one we were going to interrogate, but when I ordered Thomas and Mason to take him back to the pack, he tried to snapped his own neck. Thankfully Kyle was able to knock him out long enough for us to get him to the cells. I told Thomas to looking into it and try to look for any rouges found in the area so did Kyle.

It was very weird because not only was snapping your own neck near impossible but very painful. The rouges had a different motive, a bad one.

After the fight Kyle and his people went home to rest and so did my people and I. I went and finished my homework for the day since Thomas was determined to not allow me to do pack work. We were now eating some spaghetti that Diana, the pack cook, made for us.

I sat at the head of the table with Mason on my side and Thomas on the other. At the other head of the table is supposed to be my mate. "What did my father tell you?" Asked Mason as he sipped his coke. Mason's father was the principal of our school. I realized that I had forgotten to meet with the principal about my early graduating plan.

I looked at my plate not answering for a second. "I didn't meet with your father." I told him in a impartial voice bringing a fork of spaghetti to my mouth.

He turned to me with his eyebrows raised. "And why is that?" I shot him a warning look for the tone of his voice.

"I forgot about it." I said indifferently. At this comment his eyebrows were sky high and he had an expression of full on surprise.

"You forgot to do something." He said in disbelief like he couldn't even think that such a thing could even be thought of.

"Don't worry I'll talk to him tomorrow," I waved a hand to him dismissively, "I am finish, good night." I said placing the fork down and stood up. I knew that they didn't take my actions in a harsh way. They had already gotten used to my cold shoulder and accepted me. So they didn't say anything as I walked out the room and into my room.

I entered my room and walked over to the chair overlooking the forest. Studying every outline of the leaves and trees rustling in the strong cold November wind and the how the pink/orange sky turned dark blue then black. The only way to escape my thoughts is to focus on something I can see.

I closed the curtains. I took a quick warm shower and did my business before settling in bed. I was surrounded by darkness but couldn't sleep. Strangely I couldn't sleep with any sign of light but I also had a hard time sleeping in darkness. In the dark I couldn't focus on anything to stop my train for thoughts.

Zeiden kept invading my thoughts preventing any chance of sleep. Now that we had kissed it was all I wanted to do. I wanted to have him by my side this instant with his arms around me.