Chapter 22

"Surprise!" Everyone yelled as we walked to the pack house backyard. Most of the pack stood there except the guards that were on patrol and some other who couldn't make it.

Sam smiled at the pack shyly hiding slightly behind me. "Sam, baby come on let's go greet some of the pack." I coaxed him out from behind me.

We went around the people thanking them while Sam still stayed slightly behind me. I decided we had greeted enough people and let Sam head over to the group of kids form the daycare.

They began to chase each other laughing and shouting. I felt a hand on my shoulder drawing my attention to Thomas who stood behind me.

"Alpha." He bowed greeting me with a serious expression. I was instantly on alert. Was there rouges or trouble?

"What is it, Thomas?" I asked on guard ready to attack.

"It's about Zeiden." He mumbled and instantly I tried to reach out to him for any injuries through the mate bond. I saw him a few meters away with Mason and Kyle but there was no danger. "It's not about the rouges." He confirmed sensing my distress.

"What about him?" I asked confused.

"It's just that he has been asking non stop about everything." He informed me and I sighed. I knew that he wouldn't let go of it that quickly but still. "Alpha don't you think is better to just tell him everything." I turned to Thomas unsure if that was the best choice. "He is your mate. And mares are supposed to rely on each other. Rue all these years all of us have been waiting for your mate. We have seen how much pain you carry and we hoped that when you meet your mate you would be able to at least share some of it with him. That you would finally rely on someone instead of shutting yourself away from everyone." I turned away feeling my wolf agree with him.

"Thomas-'' I began about to object but was cut of by him.

"No Ruedan," I winced at the sound of my full name. No matter how much I heard it it was still weird. He continued, "I have stood by you your whole life and as your friend and beta I have the right to tell you this for your own good at least once. I have seen you at your worse and have seen how you did the impossible for the pack, for Sam, for all of us. You deserve happiness and I have seen how Zeiden is slowly breathing the life back into you. For the first time in years I have seen you laugh again and you smile a lot more. So I am saying this and I really hope you listen to me. Tell him. Ruedan for gods sake tell him! He will find out and I think it's better if you tell him." I frown considering it. Thomas sighed, "fine at least just try." He whispered turning around, walking away.

I turned back to look at Zeiden who looked at Sam's direction deep in thought. Would it be better if I told him? What good would it even do? Maybe he would be more on guard and understand my action if he knew I am trying to protect him? But what if he didn't want any of this? What if he tries to run away because he doesn't want this?

Even through all these thoughts there was one that shouted louder than all other. One that I haven't been able to shake off since I meet him. What if he is afraid of what I can do?

When he finds out of what I did what if he fears me? I saw how afraid he was when he saw me fight. What about when he finds out I killed my own family. And if it's too much for him?

I walked back into the pack house heading for my room. I needed to get away from all the noise. I noticed that a few of the people turned my way as I left. Away from all the eyes too. I added as an afterthought.

As I got to my room I noticed the small aching headache that was beginning to form. Again ugh!

I walked over to my bedside table opening the second drawer where my pills where. Ugh water.