Chapter 12

Two months later

"Hey what are you doing!!??"

I was startled and turned around quickly shushing Nicole. Instead of shutting up she giggled and it made me smile. She took that as an encouragement because the next minute she was laughing. She looked so cheeky that I started laughing with her forgetting what I had been doing.

Somebody cleared their throat and I sobered up quickly remembering my purpose.
Well that's for nothing since Mason was standing before us folding his hands in front of him. I looked into his eyes for a millisecond then averted my eyes. I could not hold his gaze for even a second.

Nicole jumped up and squealed,

"Maseeeyy!"

Mason laughed and lifted her up twirling her around. She laughed with glee and for a second I remembered the first envision I had had when I first came here. As quickly as that thought came, I dismissed it. I was not thinking about such things.

I looked at Mason and Nicole and they were busy laughing so I darted away and ran out of there as quickly as I could. There was no way I was going to be in the same room as him. I could hear Nicole shout my name as I exited the room.

Nicole who is my baby sister and a twin to Nicolas , loved following me around since she knew me. Nicolas on the other side was not a fan of following "girls" around because according to him, a man should not follow a woman like a lost puppy. He instead basked in the act of following Mason around since he was "man" enough.

(flashback)

"hmmm. Very handsome. I can't even breath properly in your presence. Mmmm. You're the guy of my dreams. You're it for me. I cannot function properly without you around. I need you. I can't help it. Oooh Mason what do I do? How do I help those sparks after we touch. How can I not relish that touch? Ooh, how do I stop thinking about the almost kiss? Mmmmm. The it for me. "

End of flashback.

That had been a phone recording Mason had showed me one day after I woke up from an afternoon nap! Apparently, I had been sleep talking and to make matters worse it had to be about him!

I had been so mortified such that I had been avoiding him since then. It was now almost a month since the incident and I couldn't even look him in the eye let alone stay in the same room. He always wore a smug smile which I wanted to wipe out so much but didn't know how to.

I had tried so many times to get Nicole and Nicolas to steal his phone so I could delete the recording but I had never been successful. He always got to me before I did and he even put a password to his phone. Which he changed occasionally so there was no knowing whichever he had.

He had that as a weapon against me. I knew he would always use it to his advantage at whatever chance he got. I winced as I thought of how many scenarios he had blackmailed me. I always had to do his bidding if I wanted peace. I had to get that phone and do away with the recording once and for all.

As I was on my way to my room, I met Gabriella. She was not very fond of me. She was always slightly cold towards me. She tried to subtly insult my presence there but I always saw through her tacts.

My presence in their life had robbed her spotlight according to her. I had taken everyone's attention and she disliked me for that. There was one person who especially made her bitter towards me. Nicole had told me that Gabriella had always harboured a massive crush towards Mason since they were kids.

I didn't know how she knew since she was only ten but I thought she was right. To make matters more complicated, they had been about to enter into a relationship before we met. But Mason had not made any advances towards her. The reason behind that was "Me" and nobody could convince her otherwise.

The past two months had been smooth. At least after the occurrences in the beginning of my stay there. Justin had explained to me about my dreams and strange visions. He had said that they were some sort of prophetic envisions that were bound to happen most probably.

That had left me really shaken but he reassured me that I had nothing to worry since they could be a form of message or warning from the family's ancestry. So I had to wait and find out since there was nothing that could be done.

I had not had any trouble since then. This had Justin thinking that my earlier encounters were a symbol of my initiation into my real form of life.

This place housed a maximum of twenty people and each and every one of those housed here had some special talent or gift. That was the reason why they looked like they were not real humans. Because of their gifts.

Gabriella rolled her eyes looking away from me. I always tried not to get riled up from her actions but they always got to me and I always felt hurt. She was twenty two the same age as Mason. Both of them were in the university.

I had always hoped she could listen to me and hear my side of story. I had never wanted to make her jealous or anything. I had even decided to avoid Mason for her sake but Mason had his own mind.

"Gabriella hi?"

She replied with a curt hi and then proceeded to inform me that our parents were looking for me. She told me that they were in the patio area. I was about to thank her but she flipped her hair and left dramatically. Sometimes I even wondered whether she was twenty two! She always acted up.

Sighing I left to go see my parents.

"mom, dad."

"hi Andrea we have some news for you."

My mother said with a smile. I had bonded with them and with time I had accepted them into my life. They were really good people and great parents.

My father spoke next.

"Andrea, we have secured a place for you at the University."

I smiled broadly excitement bubbling inside me. But that was not all.

"we have also planned a trip back to The Home so you could go and see your people."

I cried out in happiness. I couldn't believe it. First I was going to join school which had always been my dream and then I was going to see my friends and family back at The Home. I couldn't wait to meet Sandra. I had so much to share with her. I hugged my parents tightly and thanked them profusely.

I was to visit The Home in the next three days and so I decided to go and look for gifts to take with me. I would carry as many gifts as possible. I had missed them and I hoped they had not forgotten me. It would be very sad.

I skipped to my room. I was so engrossed to my plans I didn't see Mason standing in front of me until it was too late. He cornered me and I had no escape route.

"running away from the guy in your dreams?"

I didn't dare look up and I prayed fervently for some sort of intervention and as if on cue, Gabriella called Mason in a highly nasal manner. She then proceeded to hug him tightly and finally dragging him with her for a " surprise "

Well not this sort of intervention! I thought to myself looking at them as they disappeared around the corner.

Sighing I started dragging myself to my room but when I remembered the task ahead, energy returned to me tenfold and Gabriella and Mason were forgotten.

Going to Nicole's room, I took her with me to help me pack things. She even offered to also give our some of her things. I was really glad to have her around. She balanced my dramatic life.

With a strong resolution to pack as much as I could, I set to the task all along creating possible reactions from my friends when we met.

To say I was excited was an understatement....

❤️💯