02 | Bike over pride

"You've got my head spinnin' no kiddin' I can't pin you down What's going on in that beautiful mind?....You're crazy and am out of my mind...love your curves and all your edges,
Love your perfect imperfections"
~ All of me (John Legend)

A b r a h a m L a n g d o n ▪

▪ A b r a h a m L a n g d o n ▪

ABRAHAM

Lighting a cigeratte, I step out from the porch.

Exhaling the smoke, I sigh with content as I feel the adrenaline running through my brain. A buzz of familiar pleasure and energy fills my nerves at the same time. The effect of nicotine hitting my senses better than anything ever can.

This is exactly what I need after a day of dealing with people as tiring and as stupid as students.

Though more than me, my brain needs this, as a break from Quantum Physics and its not-too-simple calculations. Not that I or my brain need a break from what my heart loves. But a break would do more good than harm.

Especially with today's weather, the streets would be absolutely deserted. A perfect setting for me.
And its then that I realise, today's weather isn't exactly the one to support lightening a cigarette.

I huff with frustration as a small chunk of loose snow, soft and pristine hits my cigarette, extinguising it immediately. Rolling my eyes, I drop it on the snow covered ground, and stomp on it until it completely disappears inside the snow.

When does anything ever goes right with me?

Experiments in the laboratory- my inner self chimes in.

Scowling at my inner self, I start walking wherever my legs take me. If that even makes sense. Considering nothing on this Earth, I repeat nothing other than the cosmos and alcohol makes sense to me nowadays, my inner self is hardly an arguable subject.

Except for once. Today I know exactly where I am going.

I have been staying in Moonsville for the past ten years. Providing it is not that big of a town, I know every inch of it by heart.

Slowly I increase my pace. Now I am walking with huge strides. The snow is falling harder in very big crystals of soft white cotton.

A sudden commotion alongside the street catches my attention and I stop abruptly. I breath in humourlessly "Eurika...".

Infront of Maven's Book Cafe stood a girl, bundled in heaps of sweaters and coats and muflers. Her gloved hands held on tightly to the handles of her bike, as if her life depended on it.

By now the sun has almost set and except from the light violet hue at the horizon, the whole sky is covered in a blanket of darkness. The snowfall has just stopped, leaving the surrounding covered in deep pristine snow.

My Dark ScientistOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara