Put The Gun Down (Part One)

Chapter Eighteen: Put the Gun Down

She stole my man, took him from me,
She's got crimson eyes, a screamin' body,
Face is young, she must taste sweet,
She drops those panties to her knees,
Walkin' on my happy home,
She won't give up until I'm gone,

I think I'm cursed,
I had him first,

Oh, heaven, have mercy,
You don't wanna break my heart,
Take what's mine, don't hurt me,
Steal my money, steal my car,
Don't take my man, don't take my man,
I said, don't take my man 'cause you know you can,
Put the gun down, ooh,

Put the gun down, put the gun down,
Put your finger on the trigger now,
Put it down, put it down,
Put the gun down, put the gun down,
Or I'mma set fire to the whole damn house,
Put it down, put it down,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was right behind them, out of breath, yes, but that didn't matter now. What mattered right now is what I just had found out.

"I know what you did," I breathe out.

The person turned.

* * *

A few hours earlier

"Liana," A soft voice says. If I wasn't so used to hearing that, I might have mistaken that as a whisper. But, no. It was Winter. I knew it was her before anyone else. Because who else would have a voice like that?

I don't turn around. "Yes," I say, cheerily, even though I wasn't. Inside I felt like a mess, but still I put on a smile like everything isn't bad. Like how my world around me collapsed like it did years ago. Like how my mate betrayed me. Like I was acting like a silly, stupid girl. I still smile. No matter how bad things are.

"Stop it," Winter says, looking me in the eye.

My eye browns scrunch together. "I didn't do anything, Winter." I say, giving her a funny look.

"Yeah, you are." She says. "You're pretending your happy, but your not. Sometimes, it's okay to drop the smile, Liana, no one's going to judge you. Besides, anyone would've done the same."

I don't know what triggered it, but the water works came out and I flinged myself at Winter, crying. I never expected myself to be comforted by Winter, but I guess since I did comfort her, she was here for me. I guess this means we're even now.

I'm sobbing hysterically, making weird animal noises and sniffling while Winter pats me on the back. After a few moments of me crying and Winter patting me on the back. I feel tired. Tired that I'm so weak. Tired that I'm always sad and crying all the time. Tired of all of it. I just want it to stop. I just want a break from this. I just want a break from these people.