12

We finally arrived at Nate's house, I got our first to break the awkward silence. We walked up to Nate's door and rung the doorbell, he finally opened it after waiting for 5 minutes.

"Welcome, come on in." Nate winked at us. This man is already drunk off his ass.

The jacks and I walked in and Nate shut the door behind us. "Everyone is out back." He said and walked in front of us. We followed Nate to see the girls, Derek, Sammy outback drinking and smoking.

"AVERY." Madison screamed my name.

The girls walked up to me and hugged me, "hi girls." I said and hugged each of them.

"We've missed you, ever since you and Jack fell off; and you started dating Tate." Maggie said and engulfed me with a hug.

"I'm sorry, but I'm here now." I smiled at my friends.

"I can't believe Tate would cheat on you like that." Madison suddenly spoke.

"Yeah, can't believe it either." I said and took a sip of my beer.

"Did you know that him and ca-

"Madison stop." Maggie shush her.

"Sorry. I have a blabber mouth." She quickly shut up.

"Don't stop on my account." I awkwardly smiled. I walked off and sat down next to the pool. I rolled up my pants and dipped my feet in the water. Someone sat down next to me and it was my brother.

"You okay?" He asked.

"I'm fine Jack." I said and swayed my feet back and forth in the water.

"Avery talk to me, I'm your brother, I'm always here for you." He wrapped his arm around me and pulled me close to him.

"I just.. I want to be with Jack but I don't want to get hurt again." I said and laid my head on my brothers shoulder.

"Do you love him?" He asked me.

"I do, I really do." I said.

"Then what's stopping you?" He asked.

"I'm scared to get hurt." I quietly said so that Gilinsky doesn't hear me.

"It's okay to get hurt, life isn't perfect Avery; if you love Jack then go for it." He smiled at me.

"You're okay with me dating your best friend?" I furrowed my brows.

"You have my blessing." He kissed my forehead and I laid my head on his shoulder again.

"Thanks Jack, you're the best big brother any one could ask for." I wrapped my arms around him.

"Of course." He mumbled.

"What's going on here." Gilinsky came over and sat down beside me.

"Just giving her my blessing." My brother said.

He kissed the side of my head and stood up, before walking off.

"Blessing about what?" He asked.

I turned to look at Jack, I leaned in while I held the back of his neck and rest my lips onto his.

Jacks hands rested on my waist and he kissed me back.

"What was that for?" He asked and looked into my eyes.

"I love you." I blurted out. Jacks eyes went wide and gave me the "are you sure look"

I gave him my answer by just kissing him again, his arms wrapped around my waist as I snaked my arms around his neck.