Ch 10

Lupin, once he finally met the DADA teacher, had to be placed at the other end of the table because apparently there was something about Richard's smell that made him gag horribly.

Needless to say that made Snape VERY happy, because otherwise Lupin would have had to sit next to him. He suddenly found a new, more pleasant use for the damn warlock who had a habit of blowing up his cauldrons for fun.

After everyone had eaten and Dumbledore had explained about the Dementors, Richard surprised everyone by standing up after the headmaster had finished.

"It is with great amusement that I am announcing this year's class project. Everyone over first year will be learning how to Fwoosh, with these...dementors...as our targets. Until they are removed, you can earn a free pass as this week's target practice if you set a dementor on fire or otherwise do something unpleasant to it. Or do something creative to a picture of the idiot who thought bringing a bunch of souls that like to devour memories was a bright idea, aka your beloved Minister. Please note my assistants will be happy to hold you while you throw a fireball at the creatures from the Defense window! The more you hit the less likely I am to set YOU on fire!"

Lupin was horrified to see the interest perk up in the eyes of the students.

"How exactly did we end up with an undead warlock as teacher?"

"To be fair, thanks to him we've had the highest recorded grades for Defense and Charms since he started. And the worst a student has gotten was a little mental trauma and some singeing," said Sprout.

Imagine their surprise when the Defense grades shot up past even the top ICW school. And their charms work was now second to none.

"And no one is commenting on the fact we have an undead warlock teaching Defense?"

"We're still trying to find the one who brought him out of whatever questing group he was tormenting to begin with. There's actually a betting pool on who will strangle them first," said Flitwick with a straight face. One held by the twins, who he suspected had an idea of who had brought Richard.

Flitwick's money was firmly on Harry Potter being the culprit, mostly because he was the go-to person to keeping Richard in line, and there had to be a reason he had an overly amused glint whenever the subject was brought up. However he liked the fact his class was now one of the more popular ones and that the older books were being checked out again that he didn't comment on his suspicions.

"Still...what exactly did he mean by 'fwoosh'?" asked Lupin in concern.

Harry, having heard that question in the quiet aftermath of Richard's rousing speech, perked up. He looked at Richard who nodded.

Harry's hand went up in a giant ball of fire with a loud "FWOOSH!"

"Do you fwoosh, professor Lupin?" he asked grinning.

"So explain to me again why you haven't announced yourself as the Overlord, despite the fact it automatically comes with girls in slutty armor and untold power with the goblins?" asked Sirius the next morning, having enjoyed the look on Lupin's face when he saw that fireball.

"One, I'm too young to enjoy that sort of thing, at least until the hormones FINALLY kick in. Two, this allows me to enjoy a never ending prank on all the heroes who go on quests to overthrow the total ruler of the world."

Sirius perked up at the word prank.

"Details, and leave nothing out!"

Harry held up his right arm, where the Overlord gauntlet traditionally rested. It was currently disguised as a rather ominous bracelet.