𝐜𝐨𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐞 𝐚𝐝𝐝𝐢𝐜𝐭 𝐩𝐭.𝟐

——————————————————————————

it's friday night, and the gilmore twins are standing in front of their grandparents house with their mom. the girls didn't really see their grandparents much, only on holidays. as they stand at the front of their grandparents mansion, cecilia is concerned for her mom.

"so, do we go in or do we just stand here reenacting The Little Match Girl?" rory's says while cecilia chuckles at her comment. the tension between her mother and rory could be cut with a knife. it was rare for the two to fight.

"okay, look, i know you and me are having a thing here and I know you hate me but I need you to be civil, at least through dinner and then on the way home you can pull a Menendez. deal?" her mom says very seriously.

the girls both nod and wait for their mother to ring the doorbell. lorelai takes a deep breath and rings it. emily opens the door.

"hi, grandma" the twins say at the same time. their grandma smiles at them.

"well, you're right on time" she says as she opens the door wider for the girls can come in. as they walked in cecilia couldn't help, but feel how weird it was being at her grandparents house when it wasn't a holiday. unlike her mom and sister, she enjoyed seeing her grandparents and wished she could see them more.

"i can't tell you what a treat it is to have you girls here" says emily.

"we're excited too" cecilia says with a smile on her face as she talks to her grandma.

"well, rory i want to hear all about chilton" her grandma says as she loops her arm with rory's and walks to the living room. cecilia sighed knowing where the night is going. they all walk into the living room where they see their grandpa, richard.

"richard, look whose here!" grandma says and he turns around he sees the girls.

"rory, cecilia, you're tall." he says

"i guess" cecilia says, confused on why he is asking about their height.

"5'7" rory says.

"um 5'6" cecilia says.

"that's tall, they're tall" he says surprised. cecilia and rory looked at each other cause they can both sense how awkward this dinner is going to be.

"hi dad" lorelai says as she enters the living room.

"lorelai, your daughters are tall" he says while looking at the twins mother.

"oh, i know. it's freakish. we're thinking of having them studied at M.I.T." mom says sarcastically, grandpa just nods and continues to read the paper. cecilia sat down on the couch, rory follows.

lorelai and emily continue to talk. cecilia blocks out most of the conversation, until rory taps her sister on the arm.

"here, take this" rory says as she hands a page of the newspaper she got from grandpa to cecilia.