𝐢'𝐦 𝐬𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐲 𝐩𝐭.𝟏

song of the chapter: wild horses by the sundays————————————————————————

————————————————————————

it's a friday night and it was time for dinner at the grandparents. ever since last saturday, it seems that ethan is being distant. which makes cecilia confused, normally he isn't like this. despite him being distant, they have a date tonight after her dinner.

"everyones awfully quiet tonight" her grandma says and she looks between the girls.

"sorry mom, i'm just tired" their mom says as she looks at rory who is making obvious what their plan is.

"me too - school" rory tells her

"oh yeah same - school and work" cecilia says.

"life" rory says quickly

"dig it" lorelai responds

"peace out humphrey" cecilia adds on. emily looks at the group suspiciously.

"mystery" grandma says with a quick pause. she sighs before she speaks again.

"well this is just ridiculous. four intelligent women sitting here in complete silence. there must be something to talk about. do you know that every night at dinner, the kennedy clan would sit around the table having lively debates about everything under the sun? they would quiz each other about current events, historical facts, intellectual trivia. now the gilmore clan is just as smart and worldly as the kennedy's so come on - somebody - say something." emily says frustrated.

"do you know butt models make $10,000 a day?" lorelai says after a while. this makes rory and cecilia chuckle. emily rolls her eyes.

"camelot is truly dead" she says before richard comes into the dining room looking excited.

"i am sorry i'm late, but i come bearing wonderful news" he says as he walks to his seat at the table. emily calls for the maid to bring him some food.

"i just got off the phone" he starts before emily interrupts him.

"would you like to change first?"

"no, no, no i'm fine-"

"siri! mr.gilmore is hungry!"

"emily, i am perfectly capable of putting a napkin on my lap"

"alright i'm sorry, you were on the phone"

"long distance"

"god?" lorelai questioned.

"london" richard tells her