Deep waters

The air was cold, and the night seeped through the sky, as Dib found his way to where he'd last seen Zim.

Huffing from the running he'd done to get there, he debated whether he should ask GIR where Zim had gone or not.

Ultimately, he decided too. It wouldn't hurt to just check, if he didn't then he'd go looking for the alien himself.

Dib took a careful step In his yard, unsure if the gnomes had been fixed or not. They hadn't, fortunately for him.

Knocking on the door, GIR opened it quickly, he was in his disguise.

"GIR, do you know where Zim is? " Dib asked, not letting the robot greet him first.

"HMM,, nope! " GIR buzzed, bringing his arms up cheerfully.

The human sighed, he guessed he'd have to go looking after all. Luckily he brought the flashlight.

"Alright, thanks. " Dib said before he began to leave.

"BYE MARRYY!!! " The robot echoed, waving before slamming the door behind him.

Dib set out in the direction he'd last spotted Zim, hoping he hadn't been too late to track him.

It was dark, and it was seeming to get harder to see every step.

As Dib switched on his flashlight, the streetlights were dim and unhelpful as he moved along.

He hadn't seen exactly where the alien had gone off too, but he tried to follow whatever he could.

He soon spotted a path of indents in the grass a bit away from the local park, he smirked at the footsteps, he'd found a lead.

And with that, the human set off to the trail, hoping they were in fact Zims and not some random kids.

Eventually Dib found himself walking up a sloped cliff, the slightly wet grass made it a bit harder to walk.

He could hear the quiet splashes of the river just below the cliff, and as he got closer, he began to see a figure standing by the edge.

It was Zim.

Dib froze, his insides squirmed with unnerving fear. What was he doing?

Dib watched the alien, he was just standing there, unmoving, looking down at the river below.

Zim didn't seem to notice that the human was there, he didn't really look like he was aware of anything around him actually.

His eyes were glazed over with an unexplainable expression, Dib didn't know what to do.

He wasn't sure what the alien was doing, he hoped desperately that he was just cooling off after their fight, and not anything else.

The chilled air prickled against his skin, the sound of rushing water faded into the background as he started to grasp the seriousness of the situation.

After all the uncharacteristic snaps Zim had shown Dib in the past few days, he wasn't sure if he was just cooling down. He was afraid that the alien before him was doing something much, much worse.

A sudden movement from the figure snapped him back to reality, and he felt a chill down his spine as he saw Zim moving, inching closer to the edge.

In that moment, time itself seemed to stop, and just for a moment, all his grudges against the alien were non-existent. He needed to do something.