Waffles

Zim sipped at the soda in his claws, it was late, but he held no desire to rest.

Maybe he should go back and fix more of his PAK, it'd make use of the time.

Yet he felt little desire for that either, he wasn't even sure why.

He wanted to fix every error in his PAK, but found himself reluctant to finish it just yet.

Zim tapped the can, its metallic beat echoing quietly.

He had a lot of free time now.

It was actually kind of worse, he liked doing things, he liked not having free time.

He liked to be fulfilling task every second of the day, to have purpose.

Having all of that replaced with essentially nothing, it made a weird kind of haze.

Haze, yes. A haze, that's what all of this was.

His enemy was sleeping on his couch. Zim was letting him.

Zim was inviting him, even.

How strange. Just a few days ago, they'd been at each other's throats, and now?

Dib was helping him. He didn't even know why, did he pity him?

He hated when people pitied him. All the fake empathy, pretending to care.

It made him feel smaller, like some sort of smeet.

Zim's antennae were flattened, he felt weird.

It was probably because of the changes to his PAK, yeah.

The loyalty enforcer.. Why had the Tallest put one on him, was a question he had no answers for.

He let out a groan, everything was getting confusing.

His PAK had looked so different from the normal ones, and he didn't even know if he'd fixed that.

He could only hope, he supposed.

Zim took a large gulp of the liquid, his claws firmly wrapped around the can, leaving dents.

It had only been an hour or so, it was around 5:18 AM.. So two. Yeah.

Should he wake up Dib? No, no. His inferior body probably needed the rest.

GIR would make too much noise, perhaps he should just watch something.

He'd put the volume on low, subtitles were always on anyway.

Zim carefully walked into the lounge room, glancing at the two sleeping figures.

"Computer, turn on the TV… and put..er, something on. " He commanded in Irken, a preferable language when he was trying to be quiet, as it was just a combination of hissed and clicks.

"Do I haave to" The Computer complained, matching his quiet toned irken.

"Yes! " Zim hissed, sitting at the foot of the couch.

The television soon buzzed to life, making Zim hissed for the computer to turn the volume down.

"... What do you want me to put on? " Computer asked generally.

"... Err, I don't know! Anything. " He waved carelessly, before pausing.

"Not that weird monkey show that GIR likes, though. " He added.

The TV flashed with a few images for a moment, before settling on a random cartoony styled video.

The screen showed colourful ponies, and even though the volume was low, he could see how cheery it was.