MALICE /// THIRD: Fabric Of Violence

V1 readied his knuckleblaster as he strode forwards. The Guttermen reared back, trying to bash V1 into submission.

+GUARD BREAK

+GUARD BREAK

+GUARD BREAK

+GUARD BREAK

The resulting shockwave shattered the riot shields, leaving N to attack them freely. One of them tried to punch him, but N readied his blades. He stepped right, using the Gutterman's punch to power his cut.

+RIPOSTE

N struck it on its head, leaving a dent and a gash. Blood seeped out from the wound. "Wow, I just did that!" He thought. V1 did not miss his chance. With his railcannon out, he fired a harpoon-like drill at the wounded Gutterman. Blood sprayed everywhere as the drill mangled its circuits. V1 parried the drill stuck inside the Gutterman, sending it to its companions. The broken machine fell, lifeless. "Get back," V1 spoke as he jumped up. As the Guttermen fired, V1 slammed down on one of the dead Gutterman. It exploded, charring the surrounding Guttermen.

As the Guttermen stood, winded, V1 raised his hand and signaled Uzi to fire. A green ray of light burst forth, destroying two of the Guttermen.

+FRIED

+FRIED

"Yeah, I know I'm cool," Uzi replied to the terminal as she drew out her rocket launcher. N was slashing at the nearest Gutterman with his claws, dodging a punch. They were pretty easy to handle at close range without their riot shields. As N finished off one of them, V1 was there to cover him from the gunfire. N looked at V1 with awe as it reflected the bullets with coins.

+CHARGEBACK

+CHARGEBACK

+RICOSHOTx11

Then V1 slid under the firing Gutterman, drawing out his shotgun. Latching himself on top of the Gutterman, V1 swapped his shotguns to ensure a quick kill. The Gutterman fell like dominoes as N and V1 plowed their way through. Only one remained. V1 noticed it was slightly bigger than its fallen comrades. A yellow marking was on its head and V1 identified it as the commander. It charged, shield in hand. V1 punched the shield with his knuckleblaster. Surprisingly, the shield held intact, albeit slowing the Gutterman down. Thinking up another plan, V1 launched a nail magnet at the Gutterman, ready to pepper it with red-hot nails. The Gutterman let out a loud screech as V1 prepared his nailgun and N his nanite syringe. V1 stepped back, shoving N out of its way. The Gutterman collapsed, revealing a familiar drone on top of it. She was pulling her sword out of its back. Wiping the blood on her face, she said. "Normally... I'd just kill anyone who crosses me, but I guess there are...exceptions." It was V.

"Are you okay? Were you hurt?" N asked while Uzi silently rolled her eyes. "No, I'm not okay," V replied. Since encountering the Guttermen, she had a lot to think about. Splaying the gores of workers and seeing a suffering man turn into a pile of guts were two very different things. She thought she was too violent and morbid to be traumatized by violence itself, but here she was.

V1 approached her. V stood, shivering as V1's hands touched her. V1 wiped the remaining blood on her visor and held out a hand. "Truce? It is better to stay as friends, not enemies. There are still greater foes to be taken care of first." He said. N looked at them, hope glistening in his eyes. "You know you have almost zero choice...right? But do what you want." Uzi spoke, getting out her rocket launcher. "Don't pressure her Uzi, we don't want another fight," N said.

"I tried to kill you, You tried to psychologically torture me. And I can't live without surviving on oil from killing workers. Even if we made the truce, It'll soon fall apart." V spoke.