HUNGER /// CLIMAX: A Little Heart to Heart

[GABRIEL, SUSTAINING TOO MUCH DAMAGE HERE WOULD MEAN REVERTING INTO THE TERMINAL. HEAVY COMBAT IS NOT RECOMMENDED.] 

The terminal warned Gabriel. Nodding, he quickly summoned a ring of glowing fire, God's fire. As Uzi lunged at V, N, and V1 tried to stop her, but they were held back by the tendrils that wrapped around their feet. Gabriel let the fire rain down, melting the snow and burning the tentacles away. The duo advanced as Uzi fought V. Claws met sword and sword met energy fields. Seeing the supreme machine approach her, Uzi lashed out with her tail, attempting to disarm V1.

+PARRY

The jaws on her tail broke, retreating. Making a fist, Uzi slammed on the ground. A red solver mark, bent and twisted showed and the ground beneath V1 and N collapsed into nothingness. Well, that would slow them down. The solver drone teleported behind Gabriel and tried to stab him.

+RIPOSTE

+CRASH.BURN

Gabriel parried the strike away and landed a counterstrike on Uzi's throat. Hitting with the false edge, he carefully executed the strike so that Uzi wouldn't be fatally wounded. V didn't have such an attitude though, she just wanted her to die. Lunging at the solver drone, V readied both her SMGs. She was going to make this drone into an Emmental cheese sculpture. As in, she would relish punching holes into that demented drone. Letting the bullets fly, V emptied the entire magazine at Uzi. It was a very bad choice, and even that would be an understatement.

A blood-red solver mark hung in the air, stopping the bullets inches from Uzi. Then all 60 bullets changed direction and were sent directly to their original sender. With sixty holes in her body, V collapsed, regenerating.

//SEEMS YOU'RE THE ONLY ONE LEFT, APOSTLE.

NOW YOU SHALL WITNESS THE TRUE DIVINE POWER OF THE ABSOLUTE-//

[w e   m e e t   a g a i n   G A B R I E L.]

Then Uzi summoned three tendrils of flesh, sending them straight to Gabriel. Anticipating this move, Gabriel teleported away and slashed at them. Combining his swords into one double-edged staff, Gabriel threw it at the unwilling sinner. //PATHETHIC.// The solver taunted and summoned a shield of energy. The divine blades slit through the shield with ease and exploded into firey sparks on contact. Uzi's hands were missing and a deep cut was present on her legs.

An 'X' was present on her visor as she sat, winded.

I am an agent of GOD!

I was sent down by the heavens,

To lead this flock to paradise,

To atone for the sins of the fraudulent council burning in hell.

I am God's divinity itself,

And of the radiance of his falling world.

I shall bring forth a new age

And a new covenant shall be our legacy.

I shall vanquish all EVIL

Among the dying flames!

The solver stared at Gabriel. His wings were the color of newborn fire, and his golden white armor changed color into red. "Puppeteer," Gabriel called, dodging a ranged strike from Uzi. "Get ready to receive some holy spirit."