How many chances?

"One more chance please lily?"he looked at me I could see how sorry he was which I could easily forgive him but I don't think I could trust him as well as before. We've been talking for about two hours and all I wanted was for everything to be over..I want things to go back like before.

I gulped "that was the same thing you told me when we got back together on grad night and then I told you if you messed up we were done."A small smile appeared on my face just thinking about that memory.

"The problem is Jack that was the one chance..I gave you two more after that if I gave you another it would be four chances..doesn't that make you think maybe we aren't working good together?"he stayed quiet.

"But every couple fight lily."the temptation was eating me.

"you don't get my point Jack these aren't little disagreements nor fights these are problems in our relationship."i just wanted to hug him and tell him it's ok but it wasn't ok..everything was falling apart, I just missed him and it's only been a week..

"If you give me this chance I promise it will be the last one you will never have to go through this again."his eyes glossy my mind set wasn't working with me.

I sighed "I hate you so much."I shook my head as a small smile crawled on his face. Is this the right thing, should I be doing this?

"Don't think we're going back to normal I want us to have our own space when the lease is over and if I think we are ready then I'll move back in but I'm still pissed the hell off."I wiped few tears that didn't dry on my cheek.

"I'm going to do everything to prove I only want you."he smiled."In fact we can move to a different house if you like I'll sell this one and get a bigger one..."he trailed off watching me.

Could this really work..