{tomorrow there'll be more of us}

so here's where I start going more along the lines of Hamilton: An American Musical by Lin-Manuel Miranda.

-----

     "Did you hear?"
     "What?"
     "Thomas Jefferson's coming from France."

     It's been a full and over seven years since the start of the Revolution and Ellis couldn't be any more relieved. The war was done and she had Lafayette to write to. He did end up leaving for France three months after they had started courting. After all, his home country had gone into revolution itself.

     New York at night was as alive as ever. She stayed in the Hamilton Residence with the Hamiltons due to the death of her mother, cause unknown. She did not grieve, but a funeral service had been held.

     Before her mother had died, however, someone important to her did. The residents of the Hamilton Residence became aware of the passing of their dear friend, John Laurens. The letter from Laurens' father read:

On Tuesday the twenty-seventh, my son was killed in a gunfight against British troops retreating from South Carolina. The war was already over. As you know, John dreamed of emancipating and recruiting 3,000 men for the first all-black military regiment. His dream of freedom for these men dies with him.

     The letter was replied with Ellis falling to the ground in despair and Alexander retreating even further into his work. A big part of their lives had been ripped from them. Everyone was affected and everyone mourned the loss of the bravest of them all.

     To make matters worse, though by then Ellis thought it to be impossible for it to get as bad, Ellis hadn't made contact with Hercules in over three months. They hadn't spoken since the war had been near a close.

     But hey, as you've heard, Thomas Jefferson's coming home.

{edited}