One Year Later

"I don't wanna go."

"Negan, you have to go, everyone's going."

"Exactly, so every fucker will be there. No one fucking wants me there, Rachel."

"I want you there." She smiles, resting her head against his shoulder as she stands behind him, her hands creeping round and resting against his chest. "And Rick wouldn't have invited you if he didn't want you there."

"He was just being fucking polite," Negan pouts.

Rachel rubs her cheek against his, Negan's beard prickling her lightly. "Since when do you care what people think about you?"

"I fucking don't, but i won't have people whispering behind my back either."

"If you go, i'll wear that red thing under my dress," Rachel offers seductively.

Negan's eyes light up, his lips curling into a smirk. "Really?" Rachel nods in reply, nuzzling his ear with her nose. He grabs Rachel's arm, pulling her in front of him and down onto his lap. "Why don't you put it on now? Give me a little preview."

She tugs lightly on his lip, Negan letting out a groan. "Nope, that's my only way of getting you there. Do i look stupid?" Rachel frowns.

"You most certainly fucking do not look stupid. Can't blame a guy for trying."

"Well you'd better start getting ready, i'll pick you some clothes out." Rachel gets up from his lap.

"What's wrong with what i've got on?"

"Rick said to dress up."

"You're saying this isn't fucking dressy or some shit?" Negan holds out his arms either side of himself as he stands up.

"You've got walker blood on you for a start, i'll pick you out something nice, go get a shower."

"You wanna fucking join me?" Negan bites on his lip.

"Stop that. There will be plenty of that later, as long as you play nice."

"I always fucking play nice." Negan smiles.

~

Negan adjusts the collar of his black shirt as they cross the street. He stops half way, rubbing at his temples.

"What's wrong?" Rachel frowns.

"Maybe i shouldn't have worn this jacket?"

"Why?"

"Because it's my murder jacket."

Rachel stares at him, struggling to stifle a laugh. "Your murder jacket?"

"Yeah. I never murdered anyone without this jacket.. well, except for Dave, and there may have been a few other fuckers, i can't quite remember."

"Negan, you're stalling. Now come on." Rachel tugs at his arm.

Rachel knocks on Rick's door, Michonne answering, giving Negan a brief glance.

"Hey." Rachel smiles. "I brought a bottle," she says, holding out a bottle of red.

"Thanks, i could really do with a glass, Jamie had me up all night, and Rick wasn't helpful at all."

"Did someone mention my name?" Rick asks with a smile.

"I'd hide if i were you," Rachel advises him playfully.

"Ah, well i'm on baby duty tonight, so i'm making up for it," Rick says.

"Well come in." Michonne steps aside.

Negan walks behind Rachel with his head down, feeling eyes burning into him before he has the chance to look up.