Ben watched as Miranda paced back and forth, he felt bad for her. He knew she was nervous about her court date tomorrow.

He watched as she walked back and forth In front of his bed. She was talking about work but he knew deep down what she nervous about.

Ben sat up and slid off the bed. He came up behind Miranda and wrapped his arms around her body, causing her to still. He heard her exhale and slightly release from her tense state.

“Everything is going to be fine tomorrow.” Ben said kissing the back of her head.

“You don’t know that.” Miranda whined.

“Miranda trust me. I know that’s it’s going to be fine. It was a simple dispute-

“A simple assault and battery.” Miranda mumbled.

“Okay so, Miranda. We already have spoken with lawyer. He said that assault and battery is a misdemeanor. Maximum punishment is 1 year in jail or a 2500 dollar fine. But your lawyer is the best. He probably can talk the judge down to dismissal.”

“I hope so because I could loose my medical license.” Miranda said frustrated.

“You won’t” Ben assured, grabbing her hands. He pulled her with him until the back of his knees hit the bed. Ben fell back and pulled Miranda on top of him.

“You would break up with me because I am in jail. Would you?” Miranda teased, trying to make light of the situation.

“Please. Orange is your color baby. “ Ben said rubbing his hands down her night gown. He slid his hands up until they rested on her butt over top of her underwear. He fisted and played with the band as they talked.

“Take them off Ben.”

Miranda said. This whole 30 minutes they were talking, she was trying to not get distracted. She found his hands on her comforting and laying in his arms even more relaxing but his bare hands up on ass as he moved pass her underwear.

Maybe it was her way of forgetting about this situation or moving pass it for a while but she wanted him and she knew that he could erase her thoughts and fill them with pleasure for a while, especially when neither of them new what tomorrow would hold.

The next morning Ben and Miranda were up in the bathroom. She finished brushing her teeth and walked to his closet. She unzipped her suit out of the bag from the cleaners and began to get dressed.

Ben came out of the bathroom and he watched Miranda slide her black skirt over her hips. He looked at the tent of sheer black panty hose she had on. Ben walked over and zipped up her skirt for her. She smiled before kissing him on the cheek.
Miranda wore a yellow blouse on the inside of her black suit jacket. She pinned her hair up to look professional.

“Dam if it’s any consolation, you look good Miranda.” Ben said looking at her standing in black pointed toe heels. He loved when she pulled her hair up. She was just so beautiful to him.

Miranda looked at Ben in his suit and she bit her lip. He did look good to her as well.

“You look fine as hell in a suit.” Miranda replied.

“You ready?.” Ben asked as he chuckled.

“As ready as I’ll ever be.” Miranda responded grabbing her purse.

“Y’all should have let me take the stand.” Ben said as they rode in his car with the top down.

“Baby and do what, get up there and lie? You were not going to lie for me.” Miranda said for the last time. He had been saying this for a couple days now.

“Miranda I could have told them that she leaped at you and it was your reaction to hit her.”

“Ben honey it wasn’t self defense. Look at me, do I look like the kind of woman who’d be scared of another woman. I couldn’t go in here and tell the judge that I feared for my life so it was self-defense, that’s a lie. Especially when it comes out that she walked in on me kissing you. The judge is going to see exactly what it was, a dispute that got physical. All I’m hoping for is to be let off of the hook.” Miranda said putting her hand on top of his thigh as he drove.

“I just feel like this is all my fault and it’s nothing I can do to help you.” Ben said blowing out a breath.

“Benjamin you are helping me, you are here, you have been here and you are giving me your love and support through all of this. Ooh and what about last night. You took me to our happy place and I am thankful.” Miranda said smiling.

Ben looked over at her and gave her a smile as they pulled up at the court.

He walked around and opened the car door for her. They walked inside and went  through the checks until they got to their court room door.

Miranda saw her lawyer standing out side waiting.

“Hello.” Miranda said as she walked up shaking his hand as Ben followed, speaking as well.

“We are next up. Everything is going to go well. I’m going to present the judge with a little bit of your back ground. I’m sure her lawyer will tell the story of walking in on You and Benjamin but I believe we can use that to your advantage as well. Because as I told you before I could spin that angle and get it talk down to mutual fighting and you walk away with a fine. “ The lawyer said. Miranda nodded her head and she walked inside when her court case number was called.

Miranda set beside her lawyer in the front at the table and Ben sat behind them.

“All rise.” The officer at the front stood and Miranda stood up. She nervously fidgeted with her fingers and her necklace.

“Criminal court; The state of Washington, city of Seattle depart 15 is now in session. The honorable judge Brown is now residing. Please be seated and come to order.” The man spoke loudly.