9

“The license plate came back and it is registered to a woman name Victoria Simmons.” The detectives said over the phone .

“Victoria Simmons” Miranda said looking over at Ben who shrugged his shoulders.

“She actually is registered as a nurse and she lives in Los Angeles.”

“So now what do we do and what are y’all going to do.” Miranda asked concerned.

“Again all we can tell you is to take extra precaution and what we are going to do is notify Los Angeles police department to go to her apartment and job and be on the look out for traffic stops  to arrest her. It’s a warrant out for her arrest.”

“So all we do is wait.” Ben said in disbelief.

“Unfortunately yes, that’s all you can do.”

“It’s okay Ben it’s all we been doing anyway.” Miranda said as they hung up the phone with the detectives.

.Two days passed.

“Hey baby” Ben smiled walking up to Miranda. She looked like she had a major attitude.

“What’s wrong.” Ben asked rubbing her back.

“I just don’t feel good. I think I’m just getting sick and I’m tired.” Miranda said looking up at him.

“You might just need to go home for the day and rest.” Ben said concerning.

“I think I am.” Miranda groaned.

“Okay and I will bring home food and pick Tuck up from the daycare for you .” Ben said leaning down to kiss her on the head.

Miranda grabbed her jacket and her purse. She drove home and she took the elevator up to their floor. Miranda walked to their apartment number and she stopped looking at the apartment door. It was cracked open and she looked at the knob seeing that it looked to be was tampered with.

Miranda took a deep breath and pushed the door open, walking inside.

“Victoria, I know you are in here.” Miranda said yelling for her.

When Miranda got no reply. She sat her purse down. Grabbing her phone dialing the detectives number. The detectives didn’t answer and she clicked her teeth. Leaving a message. “This bitch is in my house and I would suggest you get here now.” Miranda said hanging up.

Miranda grabbed a knife from the kitchen and she walked towards the bedroom.

“Victoria. I don’t understand why it had to come to this. You clearly don’t value your own life. “ Miranda called out.

Miranda pushed her and Ben’s door opened and she looked at the rose petals and candles that were lit.

“What the hell.” Miranda said out loud.

“He’s mine.” Miranda heard as Victoria caught her off guard from behind the bedroom door.

Miranda felt her self being choked, dropping the knife at the surprise attack. Miranda struggled for air as she elbowed her as hard as she could. Kimberly’s gripped loosen and Miranda used this as the opportunity to grabbed her arm, throwing her into the dresser.

Miranda just entered into the fight of her life.

Ben was in surgery when his phone buzzed constantly. He pulled his phone out to see Detective Carson calling.
“Excuse me. I gotta take this" Ben said to Richard.

“Detectives anything new.” Ben asked.

“ Have you spoken with Miranda. We got the voicemail from her saying that Victoria was in you all’s house and we were calling her back but received no response. Did she call you?.”

“She What?!” Ben yelled. “No she didn’t call me. So she is in the house with a maniac.” Ben yelled.

“We are sending police to the address now and we are on our way there.”

Ben hung up the phone and he called Knox. He explained the situation to him and asked him to come relieve him of his surgery.

“Victoria he doesn’t want you. It’s over.” Miranda yelled as they tumbled on the floor. Miranda fell back hitting her head and she watched as Victoria crawled out of the room.

“Oh no you don’t.” Miranda yelled getting up and jogging after her. Miranda pulled her by he feet dragging her. She couldn’t believe that this woman was in their home with only a bra and panties and wearing Ben’s white coat. She didn’t even know how she got one of them. It was ruined now. Stained with both Miranda’s and her blood.

“You touched my child.” Miranda said as she kicked the woman.
“You fucked up my belongings.”
“ You put your hands on my son.” Miranda said once again kicking her along with the words.

Miranda got ready to drag her by her feet again. Pulling her to the front door. As Miranda reached down for her ankles. Victoria kicked Miranda in the nose causing her to fall backwards. “Shit.” Miranda cursed at the feeling and the impact of hitting the floor. She felt stuck, the pain was so bad she could barely move. Miranda groaned as she saw Victoria start to get on her feet.

She was trying to muster up her strength to get up but all she could do was scoot backwards. Miranda continued scooting back until she was met with the brick portion of the fire place.

“He’s mine.” Victoria called out wiping her bloody mouth and nose.

“You tried to take him from me and now I have to remove you from the picture.” Victoria said snarky as she stood over Miranda. Miranda turned her head looking for anything she could use.

“I told you I still wanted him and you wouldn’t back off.” Victoria said kicking Miranda in the stomach.

“Ugh” Miranda said as the pain coursed through her body.

Miranda watched as she stood over her with a vase, she grabbed from on top of the fireplace and she reached for a fire poker before pushing it through her chest.

Victoria looked down at the pole sticking into her chest and Miranda’s eyes widen along with hers. She couldn’t believe that she actually did it. Miranda laid her head back as her chest heaved up and down and she listened to the sounds of Victoria struggling to breath. Miranda knew it wouldn’t be long before she died.