50

"Mr Shelby has a meeting right now Mrs Jesus, is it alright if you wait out here until its finished?" Tommys new secretary says to her as she walks into Shelby company limited. "Yeah, sure. Who's the meeting with? Miss Oliver" Charlie smiles reading her name tag, sitting in one of the comfy chairs in the reception, "that information is disclosed, im sorry ma'am" she replies, "good job" Charlie smirks nodding, "that was a test?" Miss Oliver questions, "yes, unless Tom tells you specifically that you can, you never, never, tell anyone who he's meeting with or why. Doesn't matter if it's family, you don't tell them unless you have his permission" Charlotte replies and the receptionist nods. "I'm sure Thomas couldn't have said it better himself, Ben Younger. The one your brother was in the meeting with" A dark-skinned man says offering her his hand which she stands up and shakes, "Charlotte, am i right?" he guesses and she nods, "right, well i'll see you soon. He asked me to send you in" Ben tells her, "thank you" she replies pushing the doors to Tommys office open, seeing him looking down onto the street, "y'alright Tom?" Charlie asks, "yeah" Tommy nods, "i got the address, also managed to get this folder of school associates of Mosley." Charlotte says placing a file down infant of him, "the address?" Tommy says, and she pulls out a map, with the house circled, just as a loud bang sounds and the office windows smash, Charlie pulling Tommy down, covering their heads. "The fuck was that?" Charlotte exclaims but Tommy was already sprinting out the office with his gun, sighing the gets hers following after him, rushing down the stairs, seeing a car on fire and 3 kids laying on the floor, putting her gun away, she hurries to the girl, "you're alright, yeah? Lets get you inside, go with Miss Oliver, she'll get you a nice cup of cocoa" Charlie says leading the young girl inside, as Tommy walks a young guy over, before going over to a young kid that wasn't moving, just still.

"Lottie, i need you to go to Ada. Tell her younger is dead" Tommy says, "is he the father?" Charlie asks and he nods, "go to Adas" he tells her and she nods, heading towards her car.

-

"Ada? You in?" Charlie calls through her sisters house, "Auntie Charlie, hello" Karl smiles hugging her, "hey Karl, is your mum home?" Charlotte asks embracing the 11 year old, "yeah, she's in the living room, i just came down to get some water for bed" Karl tells her, "you continue with that then, get to sleep, its late" Charlotte says walking into the foyer. 

"Hey Addy" Charlie greets gaining her sisters attention, "Charlie, what you doing here? What's happened?" Ada questions, "sit down, Ada. We need to talk" Charlie sighs, "thats your version of someones dead" Ada replies taking a seat, "Ben Younger is dead, someone put a bomb in his car.  I don't know how you felt about him, or how bad this is gonna hurt, but whatever happens remember you got a baby inside of you" Charlie states, "anyone this family fucking touches. He never knew i was pregnant. I hadn't told him. Gosh, i didnt love him- but i..i liked him. He was decent and good. And i wasn't going to marry him, the baby was a mistake. But thats okay- because i didnt ask anything of him, we still would've loved the baby." Ada sighs a tear slipping from her eye, "Tommy's spoken to his family, they said they're going to arrange the funeral. It will go down as an IRA assassination of a British military officer." Charlotte tells her, "and what was it really?" Ada asks, "it was a consequence of good intentions. Tommys good intentions. Asked Younger to report on the fascists because he thought it was the right thing to do. And as a result, Section D, or the Branch or intelligence had Ben killed" Charlotte answers and Ada scoffs, "there were 3 kids playing outside, 2 had minor injuries, few scratches. But the third died in the explosion. He was ten years old." Charlie says standing, "where are you going?" Ada asks, "home" Charlotte states, "call me when you get there, alright. And if i dont get a call by midnight, i'll call. If you don't pick up, get the whole fucking blinders after you. Be safe." Ada says hugging her sister. "When am i not safe?" Charlie jokes, "Charlie, promise me you'll stay safe." Ada says holding up her pinky, "I'll be safe, i promise. Now get some sleep, look fucking exhausted." Charlotte replies linking her finger through Adas.