chapter xxi - babysitter

tw: blood, medical stuff. to the goods-> smut that i'm pretty sure is unrealistic but i'm the virgin mary here so idk if it can happen😭

simon laid on the table, unconscious due to the blood pooling around him. "some guy he was training shot him, was an accident."

i take over for carson, "get his chart. tell me his blood type and history."

"type a, nothing besides a knee surgery."

"do we have any blood?"

"no."

"go find someone, anyone. he needs at least two transfusions. wait, shit. you can't leave i need you. get someone else to do it," i command. carson runs out the door, getting dwight to do it.

"i have that type," negan says as he overhears them, pushing past carson.

"well, sit down. carson start an iv, and dwight, see if anyone else has that type."

carson starts an iv on negan's arm. negan's eyes stay trained on what i'm doing. once carson finishes that i get him to get me the rest of what i needed.

dwight rushes in the room, "no one has it. no one."

"mr. bossman will just have to be babysat," i say as i inject simon with anesthesia.

after negan's first transfusion, he gets up to leave. "sit down, now," i demand.

"who the hell do you think you're talking to?"

"you. sit down now, you'll pass out and he's going to need more blood." negan groans but obeys. i resist the urge to say, 'not so fun on the other side'.

after i get two pieces out i say, "he's lucky it's in his leg or i'd be digging through vital organs right now."

"how much you got left, i'm ready for you to babysit me," negan says.

"none now," i say as i pull the last piece out, "but maybe carson would like to babysit you more. after all, someone has to stay here with simon," i grin.

"i don't think carson specializes in the type of care i'm in need of," negan says. carson's face is bright red as he cleans up the blood, "he can stay here. simon'll be fine."

"whatever, you say boss."

"that's my girl," he repeats the same phrase he'd used earlier for very different things, and he knew it.

i stitch simon's leg up and put a huge bandage on it then clean up everything before walking over to negan, who had turned a nice pale white color.

"we haven't eaten in a while and you just gave a lot of blood, so we're going to the cafeteria," he opens his mouth to argue, "doctor's orders. you can't do nothin' if you're passed out," i say wrapping my arm around his waist.

he looks down at me, giving me a very certain smile, "i'm only touching you so you don't fall, get your mind out of the gutter."

"my mind lives there baby," he smiles as he walks with me. after i made him eat, he starts turning back to his original tan, cocky self. "c'mon, we've got some other babysitting duties to tend to," he says while standing.

i raise my eyebrows but stand, i knew he'd cause a scene if i didn't. when we arrive back in the room, he pushes me up against the wall. "now, where were we?"

"we were about to make you go to bed, because you will pass out if you do any straining activities. get in there, now," he cocks his head to the side, "you're the boss. all the time. unless you're sick, then i'm the boss. now get in bed. i'm serious, negan."