6

Seattle was turning out to be a lot smaller than Meredith had ever realized. She had grown up in Boston and then moved back to Seattle years ago, but it had never felt this small. Big, it had always felt big and perfect. But now, the city was definitely a whole lot smaller than she was used to. Usually, in big cities, people didn't keep running into complete and total strangers she couldn't stop thinking about. But it seemed like everywhere she went the incredibly good looking stranger with dark curls and sad blue eyes seemed to appear. Well, maybe not everywhere because he had yet to appear at work or in the bar she went to. But he seemed to be everywhere else, always looking sad and usually with the other slightly less attractive guy attached to his hip. And she couldn't stop thinking about him. She had to stop thinking about him. She really did because maybe she was just imagining that she was seeing him everywhere. But he was...he was everywhere. He was at therapy, in the cafeteria, right by her coffee shop. None of this made any sense, but she couldn't stop thinking about him. Or even daydreaming about running her fingers through the curls. Before, she had wanted to tell him it was going to be okay, now she wanted to have dirty, dirty sex with him.

Which probably had everything to do with seeing him outside the coffee shop in sweat soaked clothing that clung to his tiny but muscular body. She had never gone for big guys like his friend but he was perfect. He was skinny but all muscles and she definitely wanted to see what he would look like without the clothes on. She was pretty certain that sex would cheer him up anyway. Sex cheered everyone up, it's what sex did. It sent all the endorphins and happy hormones and...she wasn't supposed to be dealing with her dark and twistiness with sex but...Dr. Wyatt would get it. Meredith was trying to help someone. She was trying to help sad guy be happy again. And really...she wouldn't mind feeling those dark curls in her hands when she pulled them post-orgasm. The man was just incredibly sexy. He was like one sexy treat God was dangling in front of her or something with the always being where she was thing. And she was pretty certain that he had figured it out too because he had nodded at her. He had been sweaty and drinking a coffee and he had nodded at her as if to say hello in some silent way and it was all she could do but stop right there and talk to him.

And now here she was at the grocery store with Lexie, helping her sister shop for the big, awful, terrible family meal and trying desperately not to look around for him. He wouldn't be at the grocery store. He definitely would never be at the grocery store. She had seen him a few times and she just needed to forget about it. Completely forget about the guy she couldn't stop daydreaming about. She would probably never see him again. It was a weird coincidence that was going to end which was a shame because she kind of wanted to know what had made him so incredibly sad that it constantly filled his eyes. She had never seen him happy and someone that looked like that should probably be happier. And there was the simple fact that something about him made her smile. She was smiling now, just thinking about him. Lexie was looking at her funny and she took a deep breath, turning to her sister as grabbed a bottle of wine. "I saw him again."

"Saw who?"

"The guy."

"The...sad eyes guy?"

"Yeah," Meredith breathed. "Sad eyes guy."

"Is he still sad?" Lexie asked, frowning slightly.

"Definitely still sad," Meredith nodded quickly. "I mean completely...his eyes...but he's also...he's hot, Lexie."

"He is?" Lexie grinned.

"Completely...I saw him by the coffee shop by the practice and he's...he was jogging with his friend and he was sweaty and...hot. He was hot."

"Like...nice to look at hot? Or throw him into bed and do dirty things to him hot?"

"Both. Definitely both but also...I want to do dirty things to him."