42.

Camari Collins

March 9, 2024Home~~~

March 9, 2024
Home
~~~

"I know, it's otay. It's otay." I cooed rocking Makeio back and forth in my arms. He was very fussy since we had accidentally woke him from his nap. I tried everything I could to quiet him down, but he was very upset at us.

"Aight." Sha walked in holding a bottle. I let him scoop Keio from my arms and watched as he fed him the bottle. "Dada sorry for taking so long. Just wanted to make sure it was warm enough buddy."

My knees pulled to my chest as I sat in awe watching him be a father. This whole week of us having the kids just made me love this man even more. To see how much he interacted and admired his kids made me admire him.

"Is he okay?"

"Yeah, he sleep already." Sha chuckled taking a seat at the edge of the bed. "They're getting ready to go home in a few."

"Huh? I thought they had another night." I questioned.

"They did, but Makenzie called and said she wanted them home. I figured instead of arguing about it I just send them home. I'll see them again."

"Oh."

Makenzie...where do I even began? I can't lie and say I didn't feel a bit guilty about the situation with Sha. I mean she was my friend at one point in time and she also has kids with him. I feel bad, but I can't lie and say Sha doesn't make me extremely happy. I don't think I've ever smiled this much especially with a significant other.

"Here Makel, finna head out." Marquez walked in the room carrying a sleeping Kel.

"Preciate it, fuck you running off to?"

"Tyra house." He grinned.

"You been with her a lot, care to explain?" I hummed and he stuck up both his middle fingers.

"Nah."

Before I could even respond, he left out the room leaving Sha and I alone with the kids. I could tell by Sha face he was exhausted. We really hadn't slept in over twelve hours since the baby was in a mood today. Sha was pushing through it though, you can tell he's dedicated to being a good father. He's so gentle with them you'd think they were made of glass.

"He's asleep, I'll lay him down." I got up taking the baby from Sha. I placed him in the bassinet beside the bed and crawled back onto the bed. "Come here."

I laid back letting Sha crawl up towards me laying against my chest. I ran my fingers through his hair before yawning.

"You're doing such a good job. I'm so proud of you." I caressed his cheek appreciating all the time and effort he had put into taking care of his kids. It might didn't seem like much since that's what every parent should do, but it actually was being that he took pride on being a better father than his was to him.