59.

Camari Collins

June 6, 2024Houston's (Restaurant)~~~

June 6, 2024
Houston's (Restaurant)
~~~

I took a deep breath pushing the doors open to Houston's. I pulled my purse up on my shoulder and fixed my glasses walking further in. I simply eased past the hostess knowing exactly who was looking for. My stomach did a small growl and I would've said it was embarrassing, but I'm eating for two. I squinted my eyes finding Tyra waving her hand over for me to come sit.

I flashed a smile which quickly faded once I saw who was sitting beside her. Makenzie sat with face all smug like always. When Tyra asked for us to catch up I thought she meant me and her...what the fuck is this? I stopped in front of the table and just stared at Ty.

"Have a seat."

"Girl." I side eyed her and she just bursted out laughing.

"Just have a seat please Mari."

I hesitated before eventually easing my ass down in the booth. It was a few appetizers already on the table and I helped myself, sure did. I'm starving and this bitch wanna play peacemaker. This the wrong time for anyone to be trying anything with me honestly.

"So what is this? Hip me." I crossed one leg over the other biting my fried pickle.

"Makenzie really wanted to sit down and speak to you. Instead of her reaching out I did, only because I didn't think you'd respond to her. I'm just here to make sure that nothing flies off the handles. You're pregnant and we respect that." Tyra explained and I nodded.

"Okay." I shifted my eyes over to Makenzie and she just stared blankly at me for a second. I fixed my glasses and got comfortable because we could have a staring contest for all I care.

"How far are you?" Tyra broke the silence.

"Ten weeks."

"Wow, you're getting there. What you have to say about that Makenzie?"

"I'm not gonna pretend to care, so we just gonna get straight into it." Makenzie finally addressed me, "I need Sha birth certificate. I know you and Quez the only two with keys and he already told me no."

"I'm not Shamir."

"I don't give a fuck, you have his house key."

"Mmkay." I shrugged eating another pickle, "Funny how you need my help but talking crazy. I don't understand folks these days."

"Sweetheart you literally needed my help getting closer to Sha and I helped. Now you sitting here with the ring, the baby, and the house keys. You won, ain't no reason for me to sit here and argue with you. I just need the birth certificate so I can make a copy and get the fuck out of here."