Chapter Four - The Diner

Stacy's POV

"Hi Aunt Emma." I gave her a hug and a peck on the cheek as soon as I got in the car. She looked weird at me.

"Stacy, is everything alright? You looked like someone was running after you." Oh, was I blushing? Thinking that she noticed, I tried to change the mood by relaxing a little.

"Yeah, Aunt Emma, I am just very eager to go home since I'm starving." I lied. Not looking straight in her eye, I clutched on my tummy to make it look more believable.

"Silly. We can go grab dinner outside then, your uncle Victor is not going home early tonight. He's on a meeting, since it's just the two of us, why don't we call it a ladies night, what do you say?" I smiled. I am indeed hungry but my heart palpitation is taking over my mind. Surely its true what they say, the heart can always overpower the mind.

We decided to eat at Roaster's diner. It was packed in there. We waited to be seated and followed the waiter who led us the corner booth on the left just beside the window. Glancing at the menu, I've decided to order baby back ribs with mashed potatoes on the side, while Aunt Emma took sirloin steak.

"So how was school today?" Aunt Emma asked as we waited patiently for the food. Just a great Monday to start with exam, I wonder why teachers do that." I complained.

"Well. That doesn't seem to be much of a problem for you since your the top student in class." She had to remind me. I just smirked.

"On english subject we didn't do anything at all because the teacher wasn't there, can you believe I was able to take a nap the whole period."

"It was useful then." We both laughed. As the waiter returned to hand in our scrumptious dinner.

"Aunt Emma is it ok if you drop me off to Bridget's house later on? I promised to be back in two hours."

"Alright. Be sure you're at home before eleven." She smiled at me.

I was almost finished with my meal and ready for the desert, when a bunch of handsome lads came at the diner. They were so noisy that they got everyone's attention as they entered the diner. Was it their loud voices because guys usually are louder than girls when they talk or because the are a bunch of hotties which made some girls swoon at them.

They were all six-yes I counted them. They sat on the booth in front of us, basically behind Aunt Emma's. I was blushing as the one facing me was eyeing me. I tried to keep my head down as much as possible so that Aunt Emma won't notice. I don't have to hide like this if only Bridget was with me.

"So which desert do you wanna order?" I didn't realize Aunt Emma is already looking at the desert menu.

"Stacy, which one?" "Huh?....ah, the banana split." She turned to the waitress and gave her our order. I'm glad she was busy on her phone. The guy across is still looking at me which made me really uncomfortable, I decided to head to the nearest restroom, I glanced back at our seat my heart stopped. He wasn't there anymore. Hurrying to the restroom I put some eyeliner and lipgloss back, washed my hands, dried the, and went out the door. A guy blocked my way. I just realized it was the same one seated across me, ok, that was creepy, why did he followed me here?

"Excuse me?" I managed to say but it didn't work as he was still standing there in front of me lurking.

"Hey gorgeous, hi, I'm Harry." He extended his hand. I don't want yo be rude that's why I took his hands and shook it.

"May I pass now?" He moved to the side and smirked. Suddenly he caught my arm, shocked and annoyed as I was, even he is that cute I won't let him just grab me like that.

"I'm sorry. I didn't get your name?"

"It's Stacy." I turned around as fast as I can and returned back to my seat. Exhaling as I sat down I hadn't realized I was holding my breath. As soon as I sat down I looked at Aunt Emma who was talking to Uncle Victor on the phone, it caught my attention as you can tell when someone's glaring at you. When I looked across where the guy Harry was supposed to be seated, he wasn't there instead it was Marcus, smiling broadly at me. Wait, he's one of the handsome lads that came? So that means he's friends with that cocky guy Harry.

I smiled shyly and started to eat my desert. Why am I feeling this way? He's practically staring and I didn't even felt uncomfortable unlike when Harry was looking even though they were both good looking..Sigh* british lads. In fact I liked the attention. Aunt Emma finally finished her conversation just in time I finished my desert. She went to go to the bathroom. Harry came back realizing I was alone he just sat in front of me in Aunt Emma's seat.

Smirking. He tried to hold my hand. I moved it away as I looked at Marcus who was furiously looking at us.

"Hi Stacy, would you like to go out in a date with me?" There's some arrogance in his tone that I didn't like and the way he holds me without asking permission is completely unacceptable. I didn't answer. He looks annoyed.

"Come on, just one date?" I looked away and from the corner of my eye I realized Marcus stood up.

"Is this guy bothering you Stacy?" He remembered my name. I blushed instantly. As Harry surprisingly asked. "Wait, you knew each other?" Glancing from him to me. Marcus looked at his friend saying, "Yeah, I met her at school." He then looked at me with amazement in his eyes.

"Wait, which school? And why at school? When? How?" Harry insisted.

"What is this twenty questions?" He pulled his friend away from the chair maybe realizing that Aunt Emma is gonna be back soon. I laughed as he did that.

"Sorry about my friend. I'll make sure he won't bother you again." As they sat back on their booth and Harry was pushed in the corner as Marcus's was making sure I'm safe. I can still overhear their discussion but remained quiet on my seat.

"Dude, that was not cool, I'm making a move and you just blocked me." Harry punched Marcus' arm as a joke.

"Bro, keep it together ok, you're drunk." Marcus replied, upon observing Harry I realized he wasn't that drunk besides it's too early in the night to get drunk.

"No. I wasn't." Harry insisted as he stole a glance from me. Both of them sitting in their booth facing me. As Marcus stared at me I began to think why did he stopped Harry, not that I didn't like it, actually I was thankful that he did. But why?..

Finally Aunt Emma Came back and we left. Marcus waved at me and I nodded in acclamation. Wait, did I just acknowledged him? Is this some kind of understanding? That would be weird, but in a good way. Passing by the window of the diner where they were seated, I can still feel his glare. Trying to brush off these feelings I went inside the car quietly.

Will I ever see his angelic face again? He didn't even ask for my number, he's not as fast as his friend Harry, I began to wonder if he likes me that way? Or maybe he has a girlfriend? Gees. What am I thinking? Stopping at a mocha coloured two storey house I got off the car and waved goodbye to Aunt Emma. I've decided to just focus on studying with my best friend and not mention anything about Marcus. After all she doesn't have to know everything.