Chapter Six - The New Gym Teacher

Stacy's POV

Beep! Beep!

I almost fell off my bed as I reached for the alarm clock on the bedside table. Removing my eye mask, I stretched and did ten sit ups to wake up every muscle in my body. After sweating a bit I dried my back with a face towel and headed for the shower. As I lather in my vanilla oatmeal body wash, Marcus' face popped in my head all of a sudden. I longed to see his face again. I thought about asking Bridget to accompany me at Roaster's Diner, thinking maybe it's Marcus' favorite restaurant, hoping to see him again for the second time.

His chiseled jaw, light brown unruly hair, his eyebrows and pouty lips are forever tattooed on my mind. I'm giggling by myself just thinking about him. I just have him in my mind as an inspiration but I shouldn't get my hopes up on meeting him again.

I took the bus this time to go to school for a change. I managed to say to Bridget that I wanted to be independent this time. I even encouraged her to do the same, she said she will try next week. Luckily Aunt Emma and Uncle Victor were not that hard to convince, they allowed me to explore anything by myself but they never fail to guide me. They trust me that much that's why I don't want to disappoint them. Julius is the first real relationship I had and he used go to my house from time to time, until everything ended between us.

Taking the bus was fun, yeah it was crowded, but you can really feel you're a student, maybe I'm just used to being dropped off by a car all the time. Well, Julius always picks me up and drops me off everyday for a year and when we broke up my car pool was Bridget's stepmom.

Luckily after surviving my first bus ride, I squeezed myself out of the pouring students in the hallway, all the way to my locker to pick my binder and books for the first two subjects.

Carrying my binder on the right hand while shoving my phone inside my bag after turning it off, I went to my lab class. Patrick my lab partner was basically a nerd. He keeps to himself and takes most of the credit which annoys me to the point that I just think I am solo in class that even if he is sitting beside me he's wearing the invisibility cloak.

After laboratory class, I went with Jessica my other close friend, she used to eat with us at lunch time, but this year we have the same curriculum that's why we became closer, she only has three subjects together with Bridget. But since Bridget and I practically grew up together that's why we became best of friends.

We were just about to eat lunch when Bridget came rushing like she won the lottery. "Guess what?" she squealed. "What?" Jessica and I answered in unison.

"There's a new gym teacher, Monica and Sasha already saw him, they say he's drop dead gorgeous!" We both laughed at her.

"We bet he is, right Jessica?" Covering our mouths while laughing, she looked disappointed.

"You guys don't believe me." She sat down and started fixing her bag. Putting my arm around her shoulder I looked at her. "Don't you fret we will see him in less than fifteen minutes.

"Wanna make a bet?" She challenged. "What bet?" Jessica blurted.

"I bet you I'm right, that he is gorgeous, that you will fall for him."

"Who me, or Jessica?" Jessica looked furiously at me.

"You Stacy Walsh, who else?" She squeezed my hand and suddenly she's full of happiness again.

"Wait, wait, why did the topic ended with me?" I curiously replies while raising one eyebrow.

"So you can move on from that ass of a boyfriend of yours! I want you to be happy again best friend." She clutched my cheeks making my lips pout involuntarily.

Frowning, I replied. "Hah! First of all Julius is my ex, and secondly teacher student is illegal, have you ever thought of that?"

"Whatever, but if you do fall for him within a month's time you will do all my projects in my five subjects, because you're my genius friend. That's your punishment." She stood up dancing, she's so funny.

"And if I lose, I will give you a carpool back and forth." I laughed at this. "That's all you're going to do? That's nothing compared to me losing on a bet and doing all your projects, besides your stepmom is the one driving not you, doesn't count think of something else." I sighed.

"Alright, you let me know what you want then I'll do it." She started texting on her phone.

"I can't think of anything at the moment, we better head to class." We grabbed out stuff and too excited to see who's this mystery guy.

We were all seated at the gym stadium and chatting for ten minutes we don't see any teacher up front. "I don't think he's coming." I mused. "I'm gonna nap wake me up when he's here."

Jessica tapped me on the shoulder. "Oi, no sleeping in class." She giggled. Realizing he's not there yet, I went back to my position and dozed.

I didn't hear the door opened as All my classmates were too noisy chatting. I must've really fallen asleep, because I was awoken by a familiar voice, looking up I saw HIM! Oh my God! I think I'm hyperventilating! My new gym teacher was none other than Marcus! He's wearing a navy blue long sleeves polo shirt and tucked in neatly in his black slacks his hair is pushed up while a few strands hang loose near his eyes, he definitely looks like a teacher. He's so gorgeous.

He was looking straight at me, it was as if he caught my attention and he started checking the attendance.

"Good morning! I'm Mr. Bingley, and I will be your new gym teacher." "Sorry for being late in class as I was called by the headmaster's office and handed me additional files for this subject as I was about to head in this room." He laughed.

"So, let's do a bit of introduction one by one shall we?" The introduction part lasted for another fifteen minutes and then I was the last since I was seated at the back. My perfect position to hide to go for a nap.

"Stacy, it's your turn." I was blushing so hard and I'm having a weird feeling about it that Jessica has to nudge my elbow to bring me back to reality. All eyes were on me.

"I'm Stacy Walsh, I love music and I play some musical instruments." I looked at Bridget she was holding her laugh.

"Go on.."blurted Mr. Bingley as he furrowed and seems to be so serious in knowing more about me. I don't know what to say next and my heart is pounding frantically.

"Alright, that's ok if there's nothing more you want to add, maybe you can bring you musical instrument one day and we would love to hear you play, by the way which one is it?" Staring at me he waited for my answer as he leaned his arms on the desk.

"Unfortunately I can't bring it, I play the piano, and drums." Everyone laughed. I looked at Jessica and Bridget they were laughing as well.

"That's completely understandable Ms. Walsh." He then explained what we are about to tackle for the rest of the week and I wasn't completely paying attention for the first time in my life as a student. I sat there motionless, speechless, and starstrucked to my teacher, it's like I'm a deaf student and he's doing sign language as he explained in front.

I have to get a hold of myself, was I crushing on him? Why does he have to be my gym teacher? So, that was the reason why he was here last week, he was the newly appointed gym teacher. My reverie was interrupted by the sound of the bell. Everyone started gathering their stuff, rushing to the door. But the populars were taking their time as they were dazed by our new teacher.

Before I left the room I stole a quick glance at him and he caught me looking. He flashed me a wide smile and it showed his dimples. I felt my legs go jelly. Why does a teacher has to look so damn hot? As Bridget dragged me outside. Damn! Was I too obvious? I better think about the bet or I will lose definitely with the way I am acting. This is going to be an interesting year!