7.

Jasmine giggled as she teased me. "Oh my god you're blushing!"

"I am not!" I said as I covered my face.

"You like him, I know you do." She said smiling

"I have no idea what you're talking about." I avoided her eye contact.

We were sitting in her room, she was on her bed and I was swinging in the hammock that hung in the corner of her room. She was so relaxed as she relentlessly teased and questioned me.

She took a bite of her airhead and said, "I saw you staring at him yesterday."

My eyes went wide as I looked at her, I was speechless.

"Im not judging you girl, I mean he is attractive. I just didn't know violent prisoners were your thing."

"I don't like him. He's just interesting.."

Laughter barked out of jasmines mouth. "Bull. Shit. I saw those goo goo eyes, the eyes, they never lie. It's also easy to tell because you blush so hard."

This was really stressing me out, sure Negan was tall and attractive, but I didn't have a crush on him..

I nervously bit my lip and fidgeted with my hands. Jasmine noticed and her features softened.

"Look Y/N I'm sorry. I'm not making fun of you or judging you. I can see you're struggling with this. I shouldn't laugh. I think it's sweet really. He's a lonely old man and a hot young girl is obsessed with him. It's a shame he's locked up."

"He's not that old..." I said sheepishly.

"I said I wasn't judging!" She laughed again "but compared to you? Yeah he's old as dirt."

"Well I don't like him so it doesn't matter." I replied.

"Okayyy well you better stop leading him on then, he clearly likes you." She said

"Wait! You really think so?" I said with a bit too much excitement.

Jasmine giggled again "Girl I saw him smiling at you."

Another round of blush crept up my face. "Well even if I did like him, it would never work out anyway." I said looking at the ground.

"I don't know a secret romance is kind of hot." She said grinning.

"I don't even know if he's a good person."

"Well for as long as I've been here he's never misbehaved, I've heard he has a dirty mouth though."

I thought back to the stuff he's said to me. How he asked me to get into the bushes with him.

"Hey Y/N?" Jasmine interrupted my train of thought.

"Yeah?"

"What happened the night of Rosita's party? You kinda just disappeared."

I froze. I could feel myself go pale. I thought of the man who attacked me. I could still feel his hands on my skin, his breath in my ear as he whispered disgusting things to me.

"Oh I was just starting to feel sick and went home." I tried to say as convincing as I could.

She looked at me suspiciously but, she let it go. "Oh okay, that sucks, we did miss you."

Later that day, I went home. Instead of going to the dining hall I ate at home. Today was my day off and I was grateful to be able to relax at home.

I don't understand why Jasmine is so insistent on this whole thing with Negan, sure I mean I was looking at him in the dining hall. It doesn't mean anything, I was a little annoyed at her for making me feel embarrassed.