Chapter 28: Bride

"Yeah right" Einstein muttered.

"The boss you were talking about is President Diego??!! He was the one who helped my sister?! No fucking way.. this is happening. I must be dreaming"

"He has a lot at hand. I can't add to his burden" Jameson said.

"You'll regret this soon James" Einstein said.

"I know. You've told me many time" Jameson closed his eyes, placing the back of his hand on his face.

"Who is Diego to my sister?" Jackie asked.

"I wanna sleep, you should go" Jameson said.

"C'mon tell me" Jackie said but the man shifted and face the other side of the bed.

"Mr. James!! C'mon!" Jackie said.
____

Diego stepped into the room, as usual he perceive the sweet aroma coming from the kitchen. Pulling down his jacket, he stepped towards the dinning table.

Candy was staring at him with a smile in which he didn't return.

He picked up the fork and started eating.

"Uhm.. Mr. President?" She called lightly as she watch him eat.

"What?"

"Thanks once again" she said and got no reply from him. Is he in a bad mood? She asked herself.

Candy decided to say what has been bothering her. She wish to know him. Jameson's word about Diego still linger in her mind.

"You've known a lot about me so I was just wondering if you can tell me a little bit about you" She said and the room turn silent for a while.

"Like what?" His deep voice made her think twice about what she is about to say.

"Like your past and parents" Candy said almost as a whisper. Jameson made it clear Diego is sensitive about a topic like this.

Diego stopped eating hearing those words. He looked up to her and slowly drop the fork.

"You're still going to keep working for me" He stated.

"What?" Candy frowned. "But my dad's compa.."

"I'll take care of that. You don't have to worry about it"

"But why?"

"I want to have you whenever I want and wherever I want. That's my request. You're mine after all" He said. Candy didn't know what to think.

"What? Are you planning on going back to your word?" He asked.

"No" She whispered and watch Diego stood up from his seat and head to his room.

Getting into her room, Candy shut the door. Is this right? What a deep mess she is into? What will people think of her? She actually thought he would ask for a rough sex or something else but he didn't.
___

On the next day, a function was held for Candy, the company welcomed her with warm hands. All these while she have a bright smile on her face which sometimes disappears whenever she thinks of Diego's words.

"Let's welcome Mrs. Candy Jefferson on stage"

Candy woke up from her thought and went to stand before them.

"You look beautiful Candy!" Jackie yelled from a distance. Candy gave her a smile.

After a short speech. Candy mentioned she won't be active for a while due to some personal reason but she promised to run the company nevertheless.

The shareholders didn't feel bad about it. They were ready to support her.

"Aren't you still going to tell me who Diego is to you? And what personal issues?" Jackie asked as they both ate dinner together.

"You're still this curious girl you know" Candy shook her head.

"Everything about you makes me curious. And the fact that you know this Billionaire Devil Diego? That made me even more curious"

"Hey Candy"

A deep familiar voice made Candy look up. Jackie did the same and her face turn paled.

"C.. candy? I think I'm.. seeing things right now" Jackie mumbled. Candy let out a shaky breath as Diego shifted his gaze to Jackie.

Jackie lean close to Candy and whispered.

"Is President Diego, right here? You can see him too?"

"Stop overreacting. Yes he's really here" Candy answered and Jackie gasped.

"Let's go home" Diego said shocking Jackie and she gasped again watching the man leaving. Candy stood up immediately.

"I'll explain everything to you when we meet again" Candy quickly said and left too.

"I think I'm drunk, but I never had a drink" Jackie mumbled.
___

"You can let your close ones know about us" Diego said as he drives them home.

"I'll tell them when the time is right" She replied, her voice not as soft as usual. He gave her a look and saw no smile on her face.

"Are you upset about what I said last night?" He asked.

"No" She answered short.

"What is wrong then?" He asked.

"Nothing" Candy replied. 'Why does he even care when he loves acting bossy' she thought to herself.

The car made a sudden stop creating a loud creak sound. Candy gasped at the sudden action and looked up to Diego's face. He was staring forward.

"Get down Candy" He ordered.

Candy traced his gaze up and her eyes widened in terror. A armed man has two big guns pointing towards them in the dark empty street. His face was covered in black. The hell?!!

"What is he..." Before Candy could finish her words, the man began to shoot insanely, the loud gunshots penetrating through her ear. Candy immediately bow her head holding both sides of head.

"Shit!!" She exclaimed.

Every bullets hit the car, as Candy yelled on top of her voice.

"Make it stop!!!!!!"

Diego didn't flinch one bit, the car was bullet proof so he only observed the man shooting at them. He was waiting for him to reset his gun.

The gunshots suddenly halts, another gunshot immediately follows and that was it, the place turn silent. With fast beating heart and trembling body, Candy slowly look up to check what happened.

The man standing before their car, guns fell to the floor. He slowly went to his knees and died in the spot.

Candy look back and Diego who has a gun bringing out smoke. He had shot the man from the window after he wanted to reset his gun.

"What the fuck is that?!" Candy exclaimed.

"One of my enemies found out you're my bride" He answered.

Candy's eyes widened as she look forward to the guy laying dead

"You've got to be kidding me"