Chapter 16.

The clinic was right across from where Kim lived & Kim place was right down the street from the school. So that was an easy walk. We check in & wait to be called. When they finally call us i went to the back & so did Trend.

"You didn't have to come back here with me." I tell him.

"Yes the hell i do." He says getting smart.

The nurse tells me to pee in the cup & she'll be back in 10 minutes. We wait & we wait then she finally comes back.

"Well." The nurse starts while popping her gum. But she wouldn't speak fast enough for Trend.

"Well, what?" He tries to rush her.

The nurse looks at him funny then looks back at me. "You're pregnant."

"Fuck." I whisper to myself.

"How far is she?" Trend ask looking for answers.

"Well, i wouldn't know by a piss test now would i?" The nurse gets smart.

"Well, what test does she have to take to know?" Trend starts getting anxious.

"Will you just hush & let me do my job?" The nurse starts getting irritated. "Lay back & lift your shirt up sweetie. Ima put some of this jelly on your stomach & it's gonna be a little cold."

I do what she says & i see a little thing in my belly on the little tv.

"You look about 3 mouths." The nurse states. "I will get the doctor to prescribe you some vitamins."

"Can't i just buy some at my local drug store?" I question.

"You could but being that you're only," she picks up the chart to view it. "14, you will get some prescribed to you." Then she leaves.

Me & Trend just sit in silence. I don't know what to say. This baby might be his but i don't want Mike to know that. Mike would kill me knowing i slept with another man.

"I might be a dad." Trend breaks the silence.

"Yeah." I don't know what to say.

"Look Riah, I'm not ready to be a father. I'm still in school & i don't want this to get in between us." He starts.

Yes! Exactly what i wanted to hear. I don't need Trend in the picture of me & Mike big happy family.

"It'll be best if you get rid of it." Trend suggest.

"Mike would kill me if i got rid of this baby." I let be known. "Even if this baby is yours you ain't gotta take car of it. Mike & i will."

"Whatever Pariah. Just know i ain't gone offer much if any." Trend says.

The doctor walks in & had my my prescriptions. Me & Trend walk out. I've never looked at Trend so differently in my life. You truly are a fuck nigga.