Chapter IV

NYLA

I looked at the time, it was 12:35pm, the time where all the business men and women came through. I was surprised at the amount of "high-class" people did drugs. I didn't see why, they had money and lived good, why take drugs. But it didn't matter to me, I just promised myself that I'd never put any drug into my system under any circumstances. I saw first hand what a little crack, heroine and even molly could do to a person, and I wasn't bout that life. I always tried to get rid of all of my product before I saw Rocko on Thursday's. I ran to the alleyway a block away from my school and changed into my sweats and Nike sneakers. I tied my hair back real tight and pulled my hood far down on my head so they couldn't see my face. I ran to one of Rocko's corners, there were a couple dopeboys already there but they knew the "hooded sweater" worked for Rocko. I gave them a nod and waited for a customer, within minutes they came raining in. I could tell that they envied the fact that I had more variety and a well established group of customers.

"You a little late kid, I been waiting for a minute." A man said to me.

"You want it or not?" I said in the deepest voice I could conjure up. Rocko warned me not to talk much but from time to time I had to. I made the exchange and walked away. I didn't return to school for the rest of the day because every time I thought of walking away, the money was calling me back. I made most money of my money at this time, of course the fiends on the block contributed but this was where my real cash was at. Once the lunch rush was over, the regulars came through and by 5pm, I was all out of supply. I went into a resturant near by and used their bathroom; I changed out of my clothes and put it into my backpack. I fixed my hair and exited.

"Hey Nyla." I heard a voice greet me.

"Hey." I answered as I saw Kenneth sitting in a booth.

"Come sit with me." He offered.

"No, I can't I have tons of homework and I-" I started creating my list of lies but he cut me off.

"Stop making excuses ma, and take a seat. I won't bite." Kenneth added while biting his bottom lip. I stared at him for a minute then tore my eyes away, he was simply gorgeous, but I didn't have time for boys, especially not right now. I walked over and took a seat across from him.

"Whatchu doing here?" He asked.

"Same thing as you." I answered quickly. I was hoping he didn't see me come inside.

"Mm, well I just ordered some hot wings, you finna stick around and have some with me?" He asked.

"Ughh, sure." I was nervous, I don't know if it was because I was scared that my cover had been blown or because I was attracted to him.

KENNETH

I saw Nyla exiting the bathroom of Leon's Wings & Onion Rings, I hadn't seen her since lunch and I heard her name on roll call last period, but she wasn't there.

"So why'd you skip Chemistry today?" I asked.

"How attentitive...were you looking for me?" She asked while playing with cutlery.

"Nah, but Mr. Reynolds was." I answered nonchalantly.

"Interesting." She said as she ran the fork over the knife ridges.

"So where'd you go?" I continue to press her.

"Is it 'Get in Nyla's business" day and nobody wanted to tell me." She said sarcastically.

"So defensive." I mumbled.

"No, i'm not." She barked back finally looking up at me.

"Whatever you say babygirl." I ignored her attitude. I almost regretted inviting her to sit with me. I liked a girl with a little attitude but she seemed to have too much for my liking.

"So, why you doin' a victory lap? I swore you should've graduated last year." She shot at me.

"I missed a lot of school in my Junior and Senior year, so I just came back to finish up." I replied, I was honest about it because I wasn't ashamed, during those years I was in my prime, I still am and I don't regret it at all.

"Hmph, what were you busy doing?" She smirked.

"Why you so nosey?" I asked, as I recieved my wings.

"Why you so defensive?" She mocked me. I couldn't help but laugh. This girl was something else. I began to dive in, but she just sat back and watched me.

"You hungry?" I asked her.

"Nah, i'm good." She waved me off.

"Kenneth! What are you doing here? I thought you said you was going home?" I kissed my teeth as I heard the loud squeaky voice.

"I am, just stopped to get something to eat." I said as I looked up to see Tanisha.

"But you're here with her though? But it was such a big deal for you to come and kick it with me." She rolled her neck. Tanisha was about 5'7", she was a beautiful girl with a body that put Kim K to shame, but she was ran through and tired; She acted far too thirsty and I was done with her.

"I gotta go anyways." Nyla said as she stood up.

"Oh please don't leave now bitch, what you just wanna sit with my man then just walk out?" She yelled at her.

"I don't know who you're calling a bitch because you don't know me honey, but if you wanna see a bitch I swear i'll show you one." Nyla yelled back.

"Aye, y'all chill." I said getting up to stand in between them but Tanisha was too fast. She grabbed Nyla's hair and started punching her in the back of her head, but to my surpise Nyla fought back. She tackled Tanisha to the ground and started throwing blows to her face. The waiters in the resturant tried to break them up but they were far to vicious to split up. I finally pulled Nyla off of Tanisha but she grabbed cup and threw it at Tanisha's head.

"Now what bitch?!" She yelled as I carried her outside.

VOTE, COMMENT, FAN :)